RTIC Coolers

colierar

Observer
I really like my 45 even more so after I tried it out. I was really close to buying a Yeti, my local sporting goods store had a $50 gift certificate with purchase but they were out of tan. I would swear both the Yeti and RTIC and made in the same factory.

Honu

lost on the mainland
cooler came today :)
UPS guy was I use the tumblers from them :) hahahah
told him about the sale he was curious about the soft side for his lunch !

anyway
looks nice got to get out and try it of course :) looks are whatever but the color has more green to it than tan I am used to but looks fine

the rope handle knot sucked !!!! simple overhand so did a 8 which is what a stop knot should have been :)

latches seem nice and easy to latch and unlatch might have to put in some water and ice and tip test ?
plan on getting some tie downs I saw here somewhere ? the metal ones

also the baskets and divider seem to fit well only downside standard 1 gallon milk is a tiny touch to tall ;) hahahahahahah OH NO either smash it down or by cartons and bend it down I guess

perterra

Adventurer
Excellent cooler, both the soft and hard side. I'm sold, if I bought another cooler, RTIC would get first shot at it.

goleee33

These coolers rock! Took mine on a desert trip this past weekend where temps were around 85-90 F. My pre scrambled eggs froze solid... my tip would be to use a handful of frozen bottles. I did frozen bottles and ice. It was not a good idea as everything stayed TOO cold. Had to take the frozen bottles out as they didn't even have a drop of water melted in them and the non frozen waters were near slushy like.

svana

Observer
Looks like they're back on sale 15% off.

In regards to size, what's everybody's opinion on the size they have? It's just 2 of us and a pup that typically go camping for a 3 day weekend. No beach unfortunately up here unless it's on a camping trip. We've been taking a little igloo cooler that's worked ok, it's closest to the 20 in size on the exterior. However, they're showing that it's rated for 24 cans and in comparison my existing cooler holds 30+. I'm debating between the 45 and the 20. Anybody using one in a similar camping situation as myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malibubts

Adventurer
Looks like they're back on sale 15% off.

In regards to size, what's everybody's opinion on the size they have? It's just 2 of us and a pup that typically go camping for a 3 day weekend. No beach unfortunately up here unless it's on a camping trip. We've been taking a little igloo cooler that's worked ok, it's closest to the 20 in size on the exterior. However, they're showing that it's rated for 24 cans and in comparison my existing cooler holds 30+. I'm debating between the 45 and the 20. Anybody using one in a similar camping situation as myself?

I just purchased a 45 for pretty much the same use case. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but from looking it seems to be spot on for the size for me. I think the 20 would be too small for food for the weekend and some drinks. The 45 claims 36 cans, so it looks like you'll need to make the choice of +/- 6 cans worth of size over your current cooler. If your current cooler is slightly too large I'd say size down for the 20, if not go with the 45.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
If your current cooler is slightly too large I'd say size down for the 20, if not go with the 45.
Or look at the Ozark Trail 26. And Monoprice just started carrying a line of rotomolded coolers that look pretty good on the screen, prices are good. They look like the handles don't stick out much from the body of the cooler, so may be more efficient to pack than some of the alternatives.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=15639

Last edited:

svana

Observer
When you guys ordered them, did UPS update its tracking at all, or did it just stay at "label created" until it arrived?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior