RTIC Coolers

toymaster

Explorer
hope the inside insulation is good stuff otherwise you just bought a $200 igloo :)

keep us posted who gets one :)

If I recall there have been testing done on all the high-end coolers. Somewhere, I believe, on this site there is a thread talking about and linking to the comparison. It turns out the $50 coleman or igloo hold ice just as long as the high-end coolers. The differences comes in the quality of the construction leading to longevity. These appear to be almost exact rip-offs of yeti.

I was about to pull the trigger on a yeti, not for the cooler part per say but for the bear resistant part. In my part of the world keeping my food cool and away from bears is a good combination. I input my info to reserve a 45 qt because for that amount of money I'll take the gamble on quality. If it turns out good, pretty sure I'll be buying another.

My best guess is someone got a china manufacturer to rip off the design of a yeti or orca, importing them, and going direct to the customer. The internet, in the outdoor circles, is blowing up on this. It appears to me that every outdoor related forum has a thread on this in the last 3 days. I'm kinda wondering about patten infringement but not enough to not buy one :)

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
Marketing 101:
Still a classic

qkgttahqpt5nqu3wmj19.jpg

texascrane

Adventurer
I've got a 65qt reserved. I have no idea if this is true, but allegedly these are the guys that originally founded and then sold Yeti.

Big mike

Adventurer
Just went to costco got the 65 qt for 199.97 the 95 was 299.97 so before you buy these RTIC coolers might want to go online and see if costco has there and ship it. For just a few bucks more you know what you have , no guessing or being sorry !!
Just HMO .
Mike
Thanks slump

Roger M.

Adventurer
...... I have no idea if this is true, but allegedly these are the guys that originally founded and then sold Yeti.

Yeti was founded, and is still owned by Roy and Ryan Seiders ... so that would make the "allegedly" false.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke