Rust problem on F350

TXscout

Observer
I've got an F350 and I take it down to the beach regularly. Its an 2005 so most of the factory rust protection is gone, and despite washing it off religiously right after i get back, I am quickly developing a rust issue. What can you guys or gals recommend to degrease the under carriage, clean the rust off, and coat it with? I talked with a body shop guy and he recommended a spray on rubber coat, but I don't think he know the amount of abuse this truck gets. I KNOW you all understand. I looked for a place that would do it but 1)i want to make sure it is done right and 2) there weren't any places around houston that jumped out at me. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

TXscout

Observer
i should have mentioned it seems like surface rust throughout, though some spots are definitely worse than others

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
por15

By far the best rust solution I have come across. I grew up working on a lot of IH Scouts and they are complete rust buckets. This stuff stops it. Good luck.

http://www.por15.com/

Edit: Just noticed you were asking for places to go. My bad. If you find one, ask them to use the por15.

TXscout

Observer
good info, thanks. I am likely going to do the work myself but wasn't sure if anyone knew of a place in Houston that did it. I have heard great stuff about por15, but its always good to hear more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94