Hello from an overland rookie

DeclanM

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and ask for some hints and tips for a rookie overlander. I'm 25% of the way through a Masters degree and my wife and I have just bought our first home so we don't have a lot of money to throw about, so I thought this would be a great time to explore the beauty of our home state. We have 1 car at the moment (an i30), so we'll have to start off with places that are pretty accessible until we can get a 4x4. My questions are:

- Do you have any tips for someone taking the first steps into overloading?
- Any destination recommendations for those who know a bit about the South West of WA (accessible by 2WD vehicle)?

Thanks in advance guys!

Declan

Spore

Hey mate, I think experience is the best teacher. Get a rough idea of what you think you'll need for a trip and then hit it! You'll soon learn what you forgot or what you can do better next time. I often see people who are new to camping and what not taking way too much gear and it just gets too much. As they say 'keep it simple'

This forum and the Internet will be able to give you endless ideas and lists of things to do and what to take and what you should do to your vehicle, but what really matters is getting out there and working it out for yourself and having a blast while doing it!

All the best mate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles