2006 DC Tundra. DD meets ongoing tinkering.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Spent some time putting some LED's in truck. Under hood for late night trouble shooting and footwell LED's for, well, because I could. Underhood is wired off the battery with a 2AMP fuse and switch under the hood. Footwell LED's are wired off the S3 Steplight wiring, which is right next to the fusebox. Turns on when doors open and key fob unlocks. Off when key in ignition and times out after a few minutes. Left some wiring left on each end of my harness I made so I can put some LED bolts in the mirrors to make some DIY Puddle Lights / Rock Lights. I'll get some better pictures up later.

Also, got my steel today for my Blue Sea fuse block install comming up.
Also, going offroading this weekend with 30+ Jeeps, so we shall see how well I can keep up. Been pretty mild here, but still some snow left. Gonna keep the studded winters on and air down to 20PSI. They are E rated, lets see how they take the punishment.

20160209_191312.jpg
20160209_191333.jpg

HighPlains

Observer
How is the light output of your led bar mounted behind the bumper? Im debating weather or not to put one there or into the grille on my '04 DC.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
I'll take some pictures tonight for you.

I am happy with it. I'd say I loose maybe 15% total output with it being mounted there, but its bright enough to fill my needs. I thought about ontop of the front bumper, bellow the grill, but I did not want it exposed, I like the stealth look. Its still easy enough to clean, I can stick my hand infront of the rad and wipe straight across to clean it when it gets dirty.

You could get away with a 30in there+, mine is a 22in IIRC.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
So I spent a bunch of money on a Miller 211 MIG, 375 Xtreme Plasma and then built the cart and a few other odds and sodds. Also picked up a chop saw and got a Alu Spoolgun and a bunch of clamps with my Miller stuff.
Should make for a fun summer of sliders and bumpers.

More info here - http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5667425#post5667425

1eP69F5.jpg

Last edited:

seanpistol

Explorer
Nice! I wish I had the spoolgun for my miller. And a plasma. And a tube bender. And a notcher. And... and... and...

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
I've been spending most of my time playing with my new TIG welder and have been away with work for the last 6 weeks. However, being home this weekend, i was able to put a new set of Moog Swaybar End Links on. Truck was driving like a boat and lots of new pops and creaks were happening with it removed. Feels much better now.

Need to build a new welding table during my summer leave in July, then front plate bumper and rear bumpers to come.

Last edited:

tyv12

Adventurer
Nice, I can't believe how many Alberta tundras are on here, you should come out to a teaoa run sometime

rickashay

Explorer
Yah lots of Tundras from AB! We should get a run together sometime.

Jealous of all the welding gear OP. I wish I could weld MIG decent, let alone TIG. haha It will come... with time.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Almost done my table I've been working on. Once this is done and finish up some other projects and jobs (surprisingly people want to pay me / trade me to do things for them) I'll be able to start on the bumpers, sliders and other things I have in mind. Been enjoying my summer holidays (all of July) so its been pretty non stop with projects.

20160706_170321.jpg

Finished -
20160713_122833.jpg

Full build thread HERE if anyone is interested.

Got a 4 day trip coming up. Always have fun in this area.
Screen_Shot_2016_07_06_at_6_09_27_PM.png

Last edited:

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
1500KM. 2 provinces. two dogs. one girlfriend who is now my fiancee. 1 blown cv boot. 1 dead schrader valve. and 1 amazing trip.

20160719_170237.jpg

20160720_095430.jpg

20160720_100349.jpg

I'll try and get a write up done over the next few days. Been busy with my parents flying into town, dealing with a broken dog toe, heading back to work Monday after having a month and ordering/fixing issues with the truck from the trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior