2006 DC Tundra. DD meets ongoing tinkering.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Thanks man! I got some new camera stuff before the trip and I was enjoying playing with the stuff. (Nikon 70-200 F2.8 for the photog's here)

josh_embry

Lockers?

That's a 1st gen build done right. Sorry if you already mentioned it, but do you have lockers on that thing? If so what did you do and how do you like them? Looks great!

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
That's a 1st gen build done right. Sorry if you already mentioned it, but do you have lockers on that thing? If so what did you do and how do you like them? Looks great!

Thanks! No lockers yet. I do want to re-gear to 4.56 and put in ARB's from and rear, however, for me, suspension is more important. Once I get the front dialed in when the Fox's are installed, my fun money will go to the rear for suspension and metal for building a tire swingout. And mudflaps... I really need mudflaps hahaha....

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Finally back from Europe.

Fox coilovers are going in today or tomorrow, then I'll get the SS front lines made and installed. Alignment on Monday. Depending on how that goes, I'll decide where to end up mounting my remote resi's.

After that, I'll finish the skid plate, bend a tube for the light bar, then take it all off, grind it down and paint it up. Getting tired of looking at the rust.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Welcome back!

Thanks!

So I got around to getting in my Fox Coilovers. Also removed the swaybar. Install was easy. Got a local shop to do up some SS braided lines, and, didn't realize until I was about to install them that they are about 20.5 in OAL when I asked for 18 in.
So tomorrow I'll bring em back and have em cut em down and put a few fitting on one end.

Also, I'll need to order some shorter banjo bolts. I hoped the ones I could get locally would be good, but nope. I cut the shank down and ground down the head a bit and it should work, but I'll order a new one that has a shorter OAL to feel better at night. I may try going to some local motorcycle shops and see if I can find anything from a Kawi/Honda/Suzuki or Ducati/BMW that will work. M10x1 is pretty standard to maybe I';ll luck out.

jkdh54.jpg

Have an alignment Monday and after that I'll do the remote resi mounts and finish up the skid plate.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Thanks. Well its gonna all be on hold for a bit. I bought a house. So... I'll pull the winch and the bumper, wire wheel it down and paint it up and that will be that. I'll swap the winter tires on shortly as its getting colder here.

Eventually have to do a windshield washer resi relocate and probably mudflaps.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Why do you need this? Can your alternator not keep up with the batteries?

Thanks

I did not "need" it, but, it was something I wanted. My Tundra has a 130A alternator that puts about 14.0V pretty consistently. The alternators output is controlled by the ECM and is pretty much capped at 14.0. You can buy diode resistor things that plug into the alternator and OEM harness and trick the alternator to putting out more than 14.0V.

As noted above, AGM's like 14.4 and Lead Acids are happy at around 14.0. I put it on once a month overnight and it just gets the batteries back up and keeps them healthy.

Also, Odyssey makes amazing products and I like tools and electronics. So why not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier