Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Zam15s Tacoma Build

Quote Originally Posted by PetitFrereArmada View Post
    Wow. Getting ready fro the apocalypse? That is one unique build. You better not sell this thing when you are done.
    I guess it is starting to look like it would fit well in a Mad Max movie. I'm just constantly working to improve the rigs capabilities and versatility. I've never understood people that build up a rig and then sell it before they even have a chance to enjoy it.. And being done? Never going to happen.. I've got a infinite list of little projects to do once I get it back in my hands... Finish my OBA with the tank installation, heated shower setup, improved solar, upgrad to synthetic winch line, new seats...

Brown Santa has Delivered! The Stealth 6 wheels look even better in person.

Can't wait to see these get mounted up with the new 35" KO2s!

P.S. Anyone interested in a good beater set of 285/75R16 AT KOs with MB Razor Rims? (pictured on truck). Would have loved to keep the old rims but needed the extra backspacing to clear the 35"s

They are scuffed up from some trail running, one of the 5 had hit in Baja and should be recycled.

You can get a new wheel from discount for like $100 if you want to run 5. They have been painted black, ready for a fresh coat.

Good to burn up on the trail or DD them.
    Adventure Ready 2004 Tacoma Double Cab
    ARB Bulbar, Allpro Sliders. TRD, Supercharged, 4x4, Long Travel, BFG AT 285/75R16 E, Dakar HD, N85, RTT, Safari Rack, Snugtop, Homemade Awning, 60 Watt Solar, ARB Fridge, 12,500Lb Winch

The shop sent me an update shot today. The cover for the fuel tanks is finishing up!

Drive shaft is also back after modification and the Sway-bar from Speedway Engineering should be arriving soon!

Also now that the wheel and tire situation is sorted out should be able to move along quickly!

Lost some bed space but doubled my fuel capacity, heck if I ever move out of CA I could easily squeeze in custom 40-50+ Gallon fuel cell.

ARB Bulbar, Allpro Sliders. TRD, Supercharged, 4x4, Long Travel, BFG AT 285/75R16 E, Dakar HD, N85, RTT, Safari Rack, Snugtop, Homemade Awning, 60 Watt Solar, ARB Fridge, 12,500Lb Winch

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
    Thats gonna make it hard to pack..
    Agreed x1000... Going to have to totally re-think my packing setup. Maybe just switch to duffel bags and toss them in the back, hard mount the fridge. Everything is going to want to roll off the cover so tie downs will be needed.

Edit: or maybe a deck at the same level of the cover. Would give me a few decent cubby holes to store items while still having a flat surface for storage.

Oh the trade offs for a 4-Link...
    Last edited by Zam15; 08-24-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Some update spy shots from the truck shop!

New wheel and tire combo mounted! Sway-bar from Speedway engineering finally arrived! The guys have already started work on it!

Update* Looks like the sway-bar arms got lots of love.
    Last edited by Zam15; 09-01-2017 at 03:36 AM.

Build is moving towards the finish line! Most of the fab work is near complete. Next is all the little things..

Sway bar is mounted up, drive shaft is back in the truck and gas tank skid is coming together!

P.S. Here are some shots of the shop articulating the rear end with coils to make sure everything cleared.

Also, I love the new wheels!

Paint makes everything better! No more Mad Max rust look!

The shop crew finished up the rear axle, the mounting tabs got their final welds. Next everything gets bolted back on the truck, fuel lines, brake lines, parking break and electrical. The front end still needs a few items. Front differential is being rebuilt with new seals, gears and a locker, electrical still needs to be finished. Then we're back in business!

So almost all the pics from earlier in the thread aren't viewable anymore. I'm curious if you're still running the dual battery setup with the ibs system? I have the same system on order and would love to see so pics of where you mounted your aux battery and how it was wired up.

Definitely subscribing to this thread to see how things go with it

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast