07BlackSpecV's Junior Overland 2008 Nissan Xterra

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Sweet! You'll like that mount a lot. It's a great place to have the phone, especially if you use it as an MP3 player, OBDII reader, etc. I can imagine it's a little tighter fit in there with the iPhone 6 vs. my Droid Turbo. Looks great though!

You may want to dab some Loctite on the threads of the bolt. The ball on mine came a little loose and I could rotate the whole assembly. I tried throwing a lock washer on there but it still came a bit loose. I plan on adding Loctite to mine soon.

Now you gotta come up with a way to charge it from that side so I can copy something you did :D

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
Slightly off topic here, but looking at your gauge cluster... I've never understood why manufacturers choose to include a volt meter.. (yet alone an actual gauge reading it) yet all they give you for oil pressure is an idiot light.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Sweet! You'll like that mount a lot. It's a great place to have the phone, especially if you use it as an MP3 player, OBDII reader, etc. I can imagine it's a little tighter fit in there with the iPhone 6 vs. my Droid Turbo. Looks great though!

You may want to dab some Loctite on the threads of the bolt. The ball on mine came a little loose and I could rotate the whole assembly. I tried throwing a lock washer on there but it still came a bit loose. I plan on adding Loctite to mine soon.

Now you gotta come up with a way to charge it from that side so I can copy something you did :D

I hope to move in that direction. I'd like to redo my coms first though. I want to go to the Cobra 75 so I don't have the CB mounted overhead anymore. After that, a friend of mine just passed his HAM test and is going to give me his study book, so I want to get certified and get a HAM setup too. Then an ipad mount and an Enon head unit with sat nav and better entertainment options. That should round out interior electronics.

Slightly off topic here, but looking at your gauge cluster... I've never understood why manufacturers choose to include a volt meter.. (yet alone an actual gauge reading it) yet all they give you for oil pressure is an idiot light.
Ya, the voltage gauge isn't very helpful. I just had a Autocraft Gold give up on me a couple weeks ago with the first actual cold morning. Oh well, I got the Autocraft AGM battery to replace it so at least I got a small upgrade out of it.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Going out on a limb and going to try it...I really wanted an in dash SatNav unit. I decided to risk a cheap unit and went with a Lanzar. The whole project including a Metra harness cost me about $150.00. There are a lot of stories of the screens giving out after a year or so of use so we will wait and see.

Time will tell I suppose. First time I've ever put a deck in, have the same gap along the bottom other Xterra owners have experienced with aftermarket SatNav units so I feel okay about it. The antenna is stuck to the top of the deck under the dash board.

Also I have a Maxterra Jerry Can Bumper on order and I can't wait for that to come in. Then it'll be time to get the ARB front bumper on order.

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
Thanks bud, to answer your question from earlier I love the bike rack however, I need to buy some accessory wheel straps for my Fat Bike as the ones that came with the rack aren't long enough, at least they offer longer ones for a cheap price. Also the top tube clamp isn't lockable and I'm not sure if there is a add on kit for that or not. Otherwise I'll have to get a bike chain to lock them down during longer trips. I'm more of a Thule fan myself but the Yakima came up on a really good deal that I couldn't turn down.

G3 (genuine guide gear) ski straps are your friend for making fat bikes fit, as well as a million other uses with a roof basket.
SST2_large.png

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
I parked next to you at Hilltop during LSPR last fall. You going to make it up to Magnum Opus in June?

I figured that was you. The Xterra is looking really good. I won't make Magnum Opus because my June is packed this year. I'm thinking about maybe Summer Sno*Drift though. I will be at LSPR this year though for sure. Camping at Baraga was way too fun and to be honest, Sno*Drift was kind of a let down this year overall so I'll really be looking to see some action in October.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Do you have any good Jerry cans that will fit into the max terra holder?

Not yeat, I'll have to figure that out once the bumper gets here. I still need to get another tire for my spare wheel. I was happy I remembered to have him change the lug pattern. That would have been rough if I forgot about that until install day.

I have been selling original Scepter Mil-Spec jerry cans and spouts on Expo. If you need a quote, send me a pm with your zip, quantity and colour preference. I can only get RED and O.D.
Cheers

Dexter_Clark

I figured that was you. The Xterra is looking really good. I won't make Magnum Opus because my June is packed this year. I'm thinking about maybe Summer Sno*Drift though. I will be at LSPR this year though for sure. Camping at Baraga was way too fun and to be honest, Sno*Drift was kind of a let down this year overall so I'll really be looking to see some action in October.

Yeah, I volunteered for Sno*Drift for the last time. That event is not what it used to be. I'm not going to make it to the summer version due to work, but my team will be competing without me. We're planning on competing LSPR too. Maybe catch you up there.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
I have been selling original Scepter Mil-Spec jerry cans and spouts on Expo. If you need a quote, send me a pm with your zip, quantity and colour preference. I can only get RED and O.D.
Cheers

Excellent. I'll will keep you in mind for sure on that.

Yeah, I volunteered for Sno*Drift for the last time. That event is not what it used to be. I'm not going to make it to the summer version due to work, but my team will be competing without me. We're planning on competing LSPR too. Maybe catch you up there.

I will keep going to SnoDrift as it is the closest rally to me, I just hope the turn out increases again. FY was really missed and I wish I knew if they were going to continue racing in the future. Hopefully we will bump into each other at LSPR. Will probably go back to the Hilltop for some Giant Cinnamon Rolls on Thursday night again after getting camp setup. Dixie's Saloon in Mackinaw for lunch and Hilltop for diner on the first day. Suomi for breakfast in Houghton is an absolute must!

Keep us posted on the head unit. Good price for a clean install, just hope it holds up.

Will do. I have fairly high hopes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles