Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 07BlackSpecV's Junior Overland 2008 Nissan Xterra

My sliders came in today. Really excited to have these and more so to get them on. I thought sliders were going to be one of the first changes I made to the truck and they unwisely kept taking a back seat to everything else. When ahead and jumped for the DOM option while I was at it, probably not necessary but figured why not?

You know, they work better when they're mounted on your vehicle. Just a friendly FYI.

Those look awesome! I sometimes kick myself for not getting the white knuckles with the kick out.
    " It's dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien

2014 Xterra Pro-4x......with some stuff on it.
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...d-by-necessity

Well that seemed like a lot of work for one guy but on the plus side I haven't gotten to play with my air tools for awhile. Tedious install but I got it handled in 3.5 hrs which I didn't think was too bad.

Really the things left on the list for this year are an ARB air compressor, Maxtrax with BROG Bag, New Suspension, and New tires. If I can fit it in a National Luna dual battery setup would be good too.

Those look killer! I love my White Knuckle sliders. They're beef. All the beef.
    "Lola" - 2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO CC/SB
    M205 Swap, 33" Grabber AT2s, ARB bullbar, Extended Radflos, OME leafs, Bilstein 5125s, rear e-locker, ARE cap, White Knuckle sliders, Shrockworks skidplate, Hella 4000s, Warn VR8k, ARB OBA, Snorkel, Indel B fridge, Inverter
    The mountains call, and I must go

Nice Build !!!!
    "Its all for GO" , "not for show".
    2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Pro-4X, Radflo, SPC, PRG, Bilstein, Shrockworks , Leer, Antec, Magnaflow.
    My Truck "The Moose" build thread Click on the link below:
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...stories-MNCarl

Whelp, about 2 weeks out from our 10 day trip to Colorado and back. Not going to get everything done to the Xterra I wanted to get done but that'll be okay. Would like to get a set of Wildpeak AT3w's because when I bought the spare in the same size as my AT2's...the AT3 is about a half inch larger in diameter.

Besides that, I finally destroyed the lower bushings in my TJM's, while I've been wanting to upgrade my suspension I don't have the funding to do it right before this big trip so I got replacement bushings pushed in this week.

Started mapping the trip out on HEMA maps on our never used Ipad. Still need an otterbox for the ipad and a Ram mount for the truck.

Bought a Cobra 75, ready to get my Cobra 19 at of my head space on the ceiling and I saw Expedition Overland using a Night Ize Steelie with their radio hand set, that looks like the perfect setup for me.

Nabbed a ARB deflater, winch damper, and tire puncture kit as well.

Getting very close, still need to plan wardrobe for climate by day and also meals, will also need to place and order for a couple Raingler nets to keep our camping gear tied down and in place.

That is going to be an epic trip! Looking forward to seeing it.
    -Brian
    Tread Lightly! supporting member circa 2014
    Subaru Ambassador

Vehicles: 2012 Subaru Impreza "XV" / 2002 Nissan Xterra (sold)

"Adventure is always listening."

Worked on changing my comms and adding some more navigation stuff to the Xterra. The Cobra 19 on a ceiling mount worked fine for the last 4 years but I was ready to get that head space back. Got a Cobra 75 and am trying out the Night Ize Steelie mount. The radio is a little heavy and sits pointing a little more downward but I can't say that surprises me.

I really like my RAM x grip I use for a cell phone and picked up a RAM X grip for our IPad with a RAM seat base mount.

In about a week's time we will see how this stuff works out.

No time right now because I just sat down after the 26 hour drive home but will be working on a full trip report.

Last edited by 07BlackSpecV; 07-07-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Well it's hard to believe but our week long trip in Colorado has already come and gone. This is the longest camping trip my wife and I have undertaken by far so we didn't get too adventurous with our camping spots. We booked, I know I know, in established camp grounds throughout the state.

Sunday:
    -Arrive in Colorado
    -Swing through Garden of the Gods for the view and a short break.
    -Arrive at camp ground at San Luiz State Park

Monday:
    -Spend the day at Great Sand Dunes State Park

Tuesday (Green):
    -Head to Salida
    -Check out Buena Vista
    -Head back to Salida to make camp at Rincon along the Arkansas River

Wednesday (Blue):
    -Head to Steamboat Springs
    -Get distracted in the Arapaho National Forest
    -Make camp at Steamboat State Park

Thursday (Purple/Black):
    -Visit Fruita
    -Make camp at Lake Fork Campground

Friday (Orange):
    -Visit Ouray
    -Drive Last Dollar Road into Telluride
    -Make camp at Matterhorn campground as we prepare for my friend's wedding in Mountain Village and the end of our trip

We were very happy to be out of the truck and seemingly closer to a stopping point.

When I figured out how close we would be to Garden of the Gods we had to stop by and have a look.

Finally at our campsite and what an amazing view.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast