Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 07BlackSpecV's Junior Overland 2008 Nissan Xterra

Looking good! Did you have to do any significant melt mods/trimming?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmski View Post
    Looking good! Did you have to do any significant melt mods/trimming?
    I have done none of that, granted I'm not tested off road yet for flexing but even with my old Wild Peaks I never have to melt or trim. I think it has more to do with my wheel setup really. These AT3ws are no joke though. Trying to convince the wife into 35" AT3w's instead of the 35" Falken MT's we were planning on for her Rubicon build now.

Small update, been pretty distracted from the Xterra by some other hobbies like bikes and guns...

We added a 2018 Specialized Fatboy and 2017 Specialized Hellga to our bike quivers and man are they good.
    IMG_2943 by Jordan Schutt, on Flickr

IMG_2978 by Jordan Schutt, on Flickr

I also secretly bought a 2 year old new Focus road bike that had a Shimano 11 spd 105 groupset on it to switch out with my Specialized Allez's Shimano 8 spd Claris groupset and then re-sell the Focus with my old stuff for minimal lose on it without the wife knowing...lol, shhh, don't tell.
    IMG_3027 by Jordan Schutt, on Flickr

Besides that we are planning on completing build ups really by mid-May. The Jeep will also be getting the AT3W, these tires are phenomenal and I am totally sold on them. They have been absolutely planted all winter long and I am sure that will translate to offroad capability.
    So the plan for Mid May will be:

Xterra:
    -OME HD Suspension
    -Ubolt Flip Kit
    -Adjustable Shackles

Jeep:
    -AEV 3.5SC Suspension
    -AEV Rear Tire Carrier
    -Falken Wildpeak AT3W 35x12.5x17

I did invest in a DeLorme Atlas for Michigan and Ohio as well as an Adventure Tool Company Map Case. I took a close look at their products at Expo East and knew I had to add one as I really wanted some hard copies of maps on hand for planning both before and during a trip. Also, somewhat embarrassingly, I lacked a baseplate compass so I grabbed a cheap Suunto and tucked that away in there as well.
    IMG_2909 by Jordan Schutt, on Flickr
    Last edited by 07BlackSpecV; 02-13-2018 at 02:00 AM.

I've always liked paper maps and charts for navigation. Might have to look into a case like this as mine get destroyed in the door cubby. And nice bikes too! Huge mountain biker myself and what is odd is I've never ridden a fat tire bike. Sacrelig, I know. I just enjoy the downhill/xc stuff so much I haven't really taken the time to get on a fat tire.
    Last edited by Dmski; 02-14-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmski View Post
    I've always liked paper maps and charts for navigation. Might have to look into a case like this as mine get destroyed in the door cubby. And nice bikes too! Huge mountain biker myself and what is odd is I've never ridden a fat tire bike. Sacrelig, I know. I just enjoy the downhill/xc stuff so much I haven't really taken the time to get on a fat tire.
    If you can test ride a Fatboy I recommend it. It doesn't even really feel like riding a fatbike. I have a old 26er Specialized Hardrock that I have overly upgraded which is still serving duty as my mountain bike. Really gunning to upgrade to a 2018 Stumpjumper Carbon Comp at the end of the year but we will see.

I really like that ATC map case. Might have to get me one.
    "Lola" - 2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO CC/SB
    M205 Swap, 33" Grabber AT2s, ARB bullbar, Extended Radflos, OME leafs, Bilstein 5125s, rear e-locker, ARE cap, White Knuckle sliders, Shrockworks skidplate, Hella 4000s, Warn VR8k, ARB OBA, Snorkel, Indel B fridge, Inverter
    The mountains call, and I must go

Quote Originally Posted by 07BlackSpecV View Post
    If you can test ride a Fatboy I recommend it. It doesn't even really feel like riding a fatbike. I have a old 26er Specialized Hardrock that I have overly upgraded which is still serving duty as my mountain bike. Really gunning to upgrade to a 2018 Stumpjumper Carbon Comp at the end of the year but we will see.
    Rode one of those stumpjumper carbons and they are rad! So light and really good pedal efficiency, although coming from a downhill bike I guess anything has "good" pedal efficiency lol! I'll have to give one of those fat tires a go though.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314