"MultiSport MF" - 2008 Ford E350 v10 Quigley 4x4 Van

ctadlock

After months of research I finally pulled the trigger and got my van.

I bit of back story... Since I was 16 I have been doing what came to be known as "MultiSport MuthaF***" trips. Where that came from is lost to history, but it stems from these summer trips I would do from Spokane, WA through WA and OR with the destination being Mt Hood, OR (Govy!). I would bring my ski gear (I was a big ski racer in high school), mt bike, water gear.. whatever and do it along the way and sleep in the car. I used to cook burgers in the Hood parking lot and trade them for beer. My first mobile was a beat up full size Jimmy. That thing was a beast; right there I feel in love with the adventure and freedom of it all. No parents, you could go where ever you wanted. Skip to 20 yrs later and Im still doing it. Now I have a great girlfriend and two dogs, but to be honest its better company to have them along. Over the years Ive owned the Jimmy, Jeep Cherokee, full size Blazer (re-live the Jimmy) and a lifted JK. All were great. However I wanted more room and capability for adventure. What I need is a 4x4 vehicle that can take me on 2-4 day trips for skiing, mt biking, a bit of work trips and random other adventures. Sportsmobiles are way too expensive for me, and I didnt think it was very fun to have it built for you. While Im a CEO of a small tech company, Im still a builder and engineering at heart.

So I got the van. I had been hunting forever for a van and almost bought 3 before this one. Most of these Quigley vans are previous government issue vans for AZ that were used for border patrol. The government beats them up, maintains them on our $ and sells them at about 110k miles it seems. There is a fleet of little "dealerships" around the country that pick them up, clean them up and resells them. I feel I got lucky on this one. There are no records (never are for government vans), but it seems that what happened is the engine seized up about 50% through its life with the government and then just sat somewhere. Its a 2008 with only 45k miles! When the dealer got it they ripped the engine out and put in a brand new, with 3 yr factory warranty v10 engine in it. I have been looking for vans for a while and Id never heard of anything like that. So I hoped on a plane to PA with the plan to drive it back home to CA and then up to WA. Im actually typing this post from in the van on the road back somewhere in Minnesota. The plan is turn it into the MultiSport MF Mobile Ive always wanted over the next year or so. Were moving from Mammoth Lakes, CA to Whister, BC Canada so it will see a lot of west coast action.

My plans is to use this thread as I upgrade the van over time. Hope you enjoy.

Here are the general specs as I bought it:
  • 2008 Ford E350 Cargo Van
  • Quigley 4x4
  • 45k miles
  • Brand new v10 engine
  • Brand new tires
  • Standard length, no widows
  • Cruise controls, power windows, power locks

8885 (1).jpg
8885 (2).jpg
8885 (3).jpg
8885 (4).jpg
8885 (5).JPG
8885 (9).JPG

tienckb

Adventurer
Nice score.... Now comes the anticipation of building and spending greens all for a great cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 9101

Dude, that's a great find! The V-10 is an amazing motor with a ton of low end grunt.

Fujisan USA

Wow great find my man! Mind telling what tire / wheel size those are? Any issue with rubbing on the qugley calipers or wheel wells? My quigley came with smaller tires, wondering how big I could go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior