Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bend - Summer and Solo 2015

Quote Originally Posted by osochuck View Post
    Black's in Lockhart for sure. Great report, hope to go there either this fall or in the spring
    Bingo!!!
    Paul R
    2006 Range Rover Sport - 200K miles of fun - Sold!!!
    2013 Range Rover Sport - next gen Trekker Vehicle
    2008 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Scura
    OV Expo 09/11/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by PJPR01 View Post
    Well done! Very nice drone work there!

BB is a fantastic place to explore on 4x4 or Motorcycle!! Nice write up!

Next time...stop in at Lockhart for some of the best BBQ in the whole state! (I'm sure others will chime in of their favorite spots too)
    Lockhart is probably a 10 hour detour if you're traveling from Big Bend back to Jackson.
    2006 LX470

Quote Originally Posted by texascrane View Post
    Lockhart is probably a 10 hour detour if you're traveling from Big Bend back to Jackson.
    Yeah, not an option.

I hit Rudy's for my road food Brisket Egg and Cheese tacos for the week. Grabbed a 1/2 pound of moist......

I stopped by Hard 8 in Stephenville....wasn't hungry but I plucked a Phat quail off the grill and munched on it.

Ricardo's in Brownwood for some tortillas

Corner Store in San Angelo for more tacos.

Mingo's Burritos in Ft Stockton

The list goes on. I don't waste meals on the road nor do I eat a lot in one sitting. Gotta eat lots of good food on a roadtrip.
    www.rockmidgetphotography.com
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    1998 UZJ-100 Slee Everything
    1984 Built FJ-60
    1977 FJ-55
    1968 FJ-40
    1967 FJ-45

Cool trip.
    14 Ram CTD 2500 CCSB 315/70/18 Toyo MT's,A.R.E. DCU

Great trip report and photos, thanks for posting. Big Bend has been one of our favorite Parks since visiting there on our honeymoon nearly forty years ago. My new missus turned her ankle badly near the pour off at the end of The Window trail and all I could think of as I carried her back up was what her brothers would do if I didn't bring her back to NC safely. It worked out OK as she still keeps me around and one of the brothers is my go to camping buddy. We hope to head back that way in late October.

Thanks for sharing the write up - That's quite a road warrior trip for sure! I guess I shouldn't complain about the distance driving from Fort Worth. I'm surprised Old Maverick is that bad, it was smooth as silk when I drove it in March. I especially liked your info on Pinto Canyon road - I have been researching a few of those roads further west recently and I have that one in my notes. Good on you for maximizing your exploration and not taking the quick route home.

If you have not been in Big Bend Ranch State Park, it's definitely worth it. If you want more challenging roads than the National Park offers it's worth the effort.

@NitroExpress. I really want to do BB State Park

Tell me, is the scenery good? I used to want my trails the harder the better but what I see the trails at Big Bend for is that they take me to remote places to see fantastic scenery.

I hear the trails are harder and there are even fewer people there but are the views as good?
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    1984 Built FJ-60
    1977 FJ-55
    1968 FJ-40
    1967 FJ-45

Quote Originally Posted by wngrog View Post
    @NitroExpress. I really want to do BB State Park

Tell me, is the scenery good? I used to want my trails the harder the better but what I see the trails at Big Bend for is that they take me to remote places to see fantastic scenery.

I hear the trails are harder and there are even fewer people there but are the views as good?

I've only ever had a 2wd truck, so I've restricted myself to the easier trails. That said, I've never lacked in cool stuff to look at out there.

Very nice!
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    1984 Built FJ-60
    1977 FJ-55
    1968 FJ-40
    1967 FJ-45

Nice video.

Very thorough trip report too.

Maybe someday I'll make to BB.
    1999 UZJ100