Big Bend - Summer and Solo 2015

Eagle05

Adventurer
Two year anniversary bump. What a fun adventure.

Thanks for the bump.
I've been searching Big Bend for a few weeks and had not seen this thread. I was excited to head there next month before I read it, but now I'm even more so.

aggiejon

Headed to BBNP between Christmas and New Years! Towing a travel trailer. Hoping to hit a couple off the pavement roads, just not sure what I can do in my 3/4 ton crew cab 4wd silverado without having to walk home. A week long backcountry trek in my jeep is definitely on my list. Just have to wait until the kids get older. and the wife gets braver!

Jday14

Just read through this for about the third time prior to departing for Big Bend on Friday. Glad to see you stopped at Ricardo's in Brownwood. I was born and raised there. Some of the best tortillas money can buy.

wngrog

Adventurer
Just read through this for about the third time prior to departing for Big Bend on Friday. Glad to see you stopped at Ricardo's in Brownwood. I was born and raised there. Some of the best tortillas money can buy.

Awesome. I have 2 other writups here from Big Bend. Check them out too

After reading this report a year or so ago, I decided that it was time that I finally get myself to Big Bend. My wife and I took a trip down there last March and we loved it. I will be returning with my modified Subaru for some backcountry fun.

Thanks!!

wngrog

Adventurer
After reading this report a year or so ago, I decided that it was time that I finally get myself to Big Bend. My wife and I took a trip down there last March and we loved it. I will be returning with my modified Subaru for some backcountry fun.

Thanks!!

Awesome

It’s a different trip every time for me

bkrdave36

Is it just me or is River Rd creepy as he'll at night? Camped at the campground to the east of The Teepees last summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles