Sunrader project

Rix86

oberlander
So I got this slide in.

(Truck isn't mine)

Started checking it out, decided to mostly gut it.

Wifey helping

Mostly wood repairs needed, a few fiberglass spots need work, including one laminated with wood section.

I'm a little worried about the window gaskets leaking later. Still looking at options there.
Any input there is welcome.

This will be going on/in a trailer made of a Toyota truck frame with a long bed, lifted on 36s to match my truck.
The cooler thing in it I'll be replacing with my edgestar, not sure about the stove yet, It's also a heater, that might be nice.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
That is a rare beast and will be even more rare on a trailer. Projects start out easily enough. It's the pushing thru to the final product that gets in the way.
I saw a very rare C-class, Sunrader on a Toyota 1 ton, 4X4 chassis that had a lot of custom work to make it work including a complete new, wider front wheel drive assy; going to super singles on the rear axle; installing a GM 4.3L V-6 and better transmission; firming up the wimpy frame with some articulation (3-point) loosing all the front windows and adding block insulation; and a composting toilet. It was a work of art. Lots of sleek fiberglass work. If i can find some pix i took of it i will post it here for you Sunrader fans.
jefe

Last edited:

Rix86

oberlander
Got it off the truck and on the trailer. I put a steel tube rail under the bed rail section of the thing. I put tabs on that to bolt the jacks to. Only temporary. I'll weld some sockets onto the rail to hold the jacks, and a stabilizer as well.
The over cab is longer than the tongue, so I'll need to extend that a bit. overall, so far so good.

Rix86

oberlander
I was given a messed up flagstaff cobra a while back. Figured I'd use it for a donor for as much as I can.
So I changed gears a little and assessed what I had to work with.

Another cooler fridge
External stove
Mounted and separate tables
Heater unit
And 2 big bed cushions, lots of couch cushions, all with nice clean covers.
Bed sliders
Power unit
Extra siding, etc etc.
Going to try to get some more done on the sunrader tomorrow.

Rix86

oberlander
That is a rare beast and will be even more rare on a trailer. P
jefe

Apparently it is way more rare than I thought. According to a guy on an rv forum it was built for a fullsize, and they made very few of them. A couple hundred maybe. IN a different location than most of the gardner pacific/sunrader stuff.

Rix86

oberlander
No we put it on the srunner. They had it on some wood cribbing.

The srunner is my renter's girlfriend's truck.

Rix86

oberlander
I'm currently cutting out rotted wood and fiberglass.

Getting the wood outta the roof's center section.

Here's a pic of the cross section of the window seals.

Rix86

oberlander
I think the bed depth is shallower than was intended, it's sitting on the tub floor and doesn't like it.

Rix86

oberlander
Nothing major but I got another pics of wood in the roof.

One more and I can start glassing it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier