Sunrader project

Rix86

oberlander
I've got all the wood put back in the ceiling now. I'll be starting on the fiberglass work soon. Once it's sealed back up in that respect, I can get the roof vents in (they haven't fared well, I'll have to get new ones) and the windows. I'm not looking forward to the tub floor, but it'll be nice to have it properly mobile.

Rix86

oberlander
tub is out.

Window gaskets ordered.
I want to square up the shell before I put the windows back in.

Rix86

oberlander
I'm going to wait a bit on the windows
I got a good start on the new tub though

Sturdier, heavier of course much more rot resistant too

bugeyetex

Observer
That is a COOL project. I looks like you like old Toyotas and sunrader projects too. One of these days, when I have the time, I really want to get a sunrader. I almost bought a 91 with a V6 and a 5 speed to convert to the 3.4 and possibly 4wd someday, but it sold too quick. The old 3.0 was already smoking... Anyways, good luck with the build and keep us in the loop.

Rix86

oberlander
The rear hatch is kinda what sold me on it.
I work on toyotas for a living, so it's no surprise I'm a toyota guy.
The fact that it was a sunrader was a bonus, but i'da bought this either way.

Hamer95USA

Hey rix86,

I saw this thread with the Sunrader slide in camper. Did you ever finish your renovations? I was curious on how your camper turned out.

Rix86

oberlander
Hey rix86,

I saw this thread with the Sunrader slide in camper. Did you ever finish your renovations? I was curious on how your camper turned out.
Wow.... haven't logged in for along time.
I actually ended up selling it and buying a micro minnie with offroad package.
I've drug that thing a whole lot of places it really wasn't meant to go. Thinking i'm going to trade into a black series though.
Updating the thread for google result purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles