Optima Batteries SEMA 2015 Build

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Patience my friends! He's not being cruel. MG is slammed. Day job, wife, kids, SEMA build. You know... the usual.

Now this is being cruel... I get all kinds of pic updates from MG via texts, and I have been keeping them all to myself...

screwball48

Explorer
Patience my friends! He's not being cruel. MG is slammed. Day job, wife, kids, SEMA build. You know... the usual.

Now this is being cruel... I get all kinds of pic updates from MG via texts, and I have been keeping them all to myself...

We understand the task that MG has taken upon himself. You my friend have no excuses. THIS IS BLASPHEMY. You are a disappointment to us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgmetalworks

Explorer
A few more teaser shots of the interior coming together. We're getting so close to finishing up. The rear seat assembly and installation is a big milestone. It has been fighting me from the beginning but the end result is pretty sweet.

Here is the bottom of the seat with the custom leather. We tried to mimic the look of the front Sienna seats and french seams with contrasting color thread and the perforated center sections. BTW...Tom Finley's Upholstery in Dayton, Oregon did the leather work. The dude is legit!!! Couldn't have asked for a nicer guy to work with and as talented as they get. The custom dyed leather came out of California at a company called Danfield Inc.

More of the back storage...

The drawer extends 32" but is 34" deep. 400lbs slides with the formed channels on the drawer (which is 0.080" aluminum) make this a strong set up. Mounted to the frame with laser cut steel brackets.

Some panels to install, a little wire routing for the fridge and microwave and a few other odds and ends and we're good to go.

ert01

Adventurer
So when will you have your 80/20 plans for sale along with a cut sheet of materials? :) I have a feeling you could make a bit of money on here just selling those plans alone!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Dayummm that leather work looks like it matches toe-toe.
Such a clean and modern look inside. Better than anything out there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier