Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Optima Batteries SEMA 2015 Build

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    AVL, NC
    Posts
    6,256
    Funny that this thread popped back up, my FB feed reminded me that we started our portion exactly 1 year ago. Time flies.
    Chris Steuber
    02 E350 7.3 V4
    05 E350 6.8 V7
    90 Taurus SHO
    17 Focus RS
    49 CJ2A
    16 T350 3.7
    93 Volvo 240 Wagon

    www.ujointoffroad.com
    4x4 Van Conversions

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Forest Lake MN
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by boardrider247 View Post
    Any concerns about a plastic material warping with temperature fluxuations? Or was there some extra space factored in for it to grow?

    I know the starboard I used changes shape quite a bit with the seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
    I researched the material quite a bit and talked with one of the engineers at King Plastics before pulling the trigger. I did leave some room for it to move as per the manufacturer's recommendations. They gave me some specs and common practices to follow. I don't believe it will be a problem.
    Just curious how the starboard worked out long term?
    I have a new project and would like to use a similar system of 80/20 and starboard panels.

    Thanks
    Danny

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by boardrider247 View Post
    Just curious how the starboard worked out long term?
    I have a new project and would like to use a similar system of 80/20 and starboard panels.

    Thanks
    Danny
    Sorry for the delay replying...

    The Starboard material has been awesome. I would definitely use it again.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    pacNW
    Posts
    75
    Here's a Sprinter van with amazing use of Seaboard® HDPE: https://goo.gl/photos/2NCR3teXLSwNYSwN8
    It was our pleasure to machine the pieces for George.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Forest Lake MN
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Battman View Post
    Sorry for the delay replying...

    The Starboard material has been awesome. I would definitely use it again.
    Great. Thanks for checking in

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    54
    Looks like it is up for sale now. I'm surprised to only see two bids. Whomever buys this van will have one great machine.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Ford-E-...ZZDOkm&vxp=mtr

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,433
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser812 View Post
    Looks like it is up for sale now. I'm surprised to only see two bids. Whomever buys this van will have one great machine.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Ford-E-...ZZDOkm&vxp=mtr
    If it meets reserve...I'll be surprised if in 9days it's not up to $75k.
    A vehicle’s worth is not what you put into it, but what it put into you.
    '03 G500 "O'erländewagen"(SOLD&missed); Build thread, ExPo feature
    '07 E-350 4WD "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD&missed); Build thread
    What's next?...

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    68
    It got to $80,277.77 on the first go around, but didn't meet reserve. I think I saw it listed somewhere for $89k so I think the reserve will be somewhere in that neighborhood although he did lower it going into the last day I think to try to encourage a few more bids. Sweet van, worth every penny.
    2005 4x4 E350 V10

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    173
    All it takes is a right buyer for this configuration.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    It got to $80,277.77 on the first go around, but didn't meet reserve. I think I saw it listed somewhere for $89k so I think the reserve will be somewhere in that neighborhood although he did lower it going into the last day I think to try to encourage a few more bids. Sweet van, worth every penny.
    Ok so I wasn't crazy. I thought I had seen $85k(buy-it-now IIRC). Overall, an immense value!
    A vehicle’s worth is not what you put into it, but what it put into you.
    '03 G500 "O'erländewagen"(SOLD&missed); Build thread, ExPo feature
    '07 E-350 4WD "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD&missed); Build thread
    What's next?...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •