Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Optima Batteries SEMA 2015 Build

Quote Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
    He asked for the chrome caps on the mirrors. I think the chrome looks great on this van.

I'm really happy with how this set turned out. The styling just works so much better for these '08+ vans. Plus they're WAY better mirrors for visibility (and of course the power functions are cool too).
    I think you said in the past that this mod would be hard to put in kit form ... is that still the case or could this eventually be available to the masses?

Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    I think you said in the past that this mod would be hard to put in kit form ... is that still the case or could this eventually be available to the masses?
    The problem is that the "masses" would need to be thousands of buyers before it would be even remotely feasible to manufacture these the right way with die casting and injection molding. Ford is in a way better position to take that on than I am.

I think everyone who's interested should email pictures of my van and the SEMA van to as many Ford execs and E-series engineers as we can find and plead with them to update the cut away van mirrors for the remaining years of production.

Expovans.com

Problem is that most of the cutaways are going to RV manufacturers that replace the mirrors anyway.
    Chris Steuber
    02 E350 7.3 V4
    05 E350 6.8 V7
    90 Taurus SHO
    17 Focus RS
    49 CJ2A
    16 T350 3.7
    93 Volvo 240 Wagon

www.ujointoffroad.com
    4x4 Van Conversions

These F mirrors follow the shape of the '08+ headlights = such a great match.
    A vehicle’s worth is not what you put into it, but what it put into you.
    '03 G500 "O'erländewagen"(SOLD&missed); Build thread, ExPo feature
    '07 E-350 4WD "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD&missed); Build thread
    What's next?...

Mirrors look great!

I put a set on my 99 F350. They are fantastic for pulling a trailer. I'm going to order a set for my van and experiment.
    03 E350 EB 7.3 UJOR 4x4
    MG Metalworks slider hinge

In between all of the big things to do for this project, I still have to find time for the little stuff. Knocked this switch panel out tonight while waiting for my computer to back up files.

Also started prepping for the mirror wiring. I'll save the bulk of that job for when I need to relax and take a break. For whatever reason automotive wiring is like meditation for me.
    Expovans.com

Small details are rad!
    A vehicle’s worth is not what you put into it, but what it put into you.
    '03 G500 "O'erländewagen"(SOLD&missed); Build thread, ExPo feature
    '07 E-350 4WD "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD&missed); Build thread
    What's next?...

Quote Originally Posted by mk216v View Post
    Small details are rad!
    They certainly are the difference between "cool" and "Holy Cow!"

One of the upgrades for the SEMA van includes 2015 Sienna recliner style seats. This is the first pair I've seen in the "Chestnut Brown". Oh boy do they look good in this van!

I adapt the Ford seat belt pre-tensioner to the seat so the factory seat belts can be used and not upset the Restraints Control Module.

BTW... We've been trying for weeks to find some leather hides in this exact color to upholster the custom rear bench seat I've designed and it is proving to be very difficult. And by that I mean it might be impossible to find a match in the time we have left. Anyone out there in Expo internet land happen to be or know a custom leather supplier who can get 3 hides of this *exact* material by end of next week? Two weeks max.
    Last edited by mgmetalworks; 09-06-2015 at 04:47 AM.
    Expovans.com

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast