Dry Flush Toilet??

kerry

Expedition Leader
As I read the description, a person simply ****s into a plastic bag and throws the bag away when full. For years we did that on Western rivers before washable toilets were required and we just used a 5 gallon bucket and garbage bags. This version appears to use similar bags to Restop2 bags which are currently available for use on 5 gallon buckets.

Freebird

Adventurer
I recently bought a (cheap-o) toilet seat with lid at Walmart for $13..... Designed to fit onto a/your 5 gallon bucket. I think making a wide-non-tip-over base for the setup might be wise, tho. Especially if you have rambunctious kids, or use it half asleep.
How you handle the bags, kitty litter, or pouring it into a plumed toilet or out house, or whatever... Lots of (unpleasant) options. Lol
I can't see this being worth the cost, but I will keep an open mind about it.
If anyone has one, give us feedback when you have some experience with it, please.

Last edited:

Camelfilter

Explorer
Yes, if anyone has actually used one I'd be interested in feedback as well. Curious if it vaccume packs your business or something?

I use a reliance hassock toilet, and I think it works perfect for what it is. A bit better IMO compared to the clip on seat lid/bucket, simply because if it's size, internal smaller bucket (the smaller bucket gets the bag), and storage spot for TP. The down side to the hassock its its height, a little short for me on the ground. I've a raised spot for it in my truck which turns out to be perfect.

I did modify the hassock a little bit by adding a foam stick on seal to it, and stick on foam to keep the inner bucket aligned.

I've used "wag bags" & home prepared double bags with kitty litter in the hassock. Both work well, the "wag bags" are just easier. I bought military surplus "wag bags" bulk online, so price is near equal to ones I can home prepare.

escadventure

Adventurer
We've used the Cleanwaste PETT toilet for a couple years now. My family has no reservations at all about using it. It's comfortable enough, sturdy and the wag bags are easy to deal with. It also folds away nicely. As previously mentioned, by the wag bags in bulk...

Camelfilter

Explorer
Interesting.

I'd go with a composting toilet for a more stationary build (tiny house, hunting camp etc).

You can even use them in more mobile applications as well. The couple who built up the "castle RV" featured on tiny house use a composting unit. I do believe that they are setup in one location for extended periods though. I would imagine a composting unit a bit difficult to manage if your mobile a bunch.

Joe917

Explorer
We have been using a Natures Head composting toilet for 9 months of traveling so far.
We move almost every day.
We use peat moss as a medium, 1 cu ft lasts 6 months.
No plastic liners to buy, no smell issues.
No water to flush, no black water to pump.
Great product.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The couple who built up the "castle RV" featured on tiny house use a composting unit. I do believe that they are setup in one location for extended periods though. I would imagine a composting unit a bit difficult to manage if your mobile a bunch.

The castle house truck used a sawdust / bucket toilet - which isn't a composting system but a collection / management system with composting done separately. This is similar to the "nature's head" except no urine separation. If you are in one spot for long periods (months) than a sawdust /bucket toilet can be effective. If mobile the nature's head is better as it uses less additive material since the urine is separated during use and most users just dispose instead of composting.

Terra Ops

Adventurer
Interesting to see the "potty passion" for natures head :)
Still would be nice to hear from someone regarding the dry flush.
I suspect it might be too new.

Joe917

Explorer
I suspect it might be too new.[/QUOTE]

Not just new but discontinued!
The problem I see with the dry flush is it is a crap vacuum bagger. Sealing human waste in plastic and then sending it to a landfill is about the worst way to deal with it.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Looks like the cartridge refills on the dry flush work out to a buck a flush BTW.... I'd go with a sawdust or peat moss toilet instead.

Toilet

Great portable toilet but at that price you should expect top quality. Some issues with flushing button on early models of that unit but appears to have been resolved. I would probably for something in like a Thetford 92360 but if your budget can allow something like the Laveo at ~$500 it's a quality product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior