12v led nonadjustable outdoor flood

ripperj

Explorer
Anyone know of a source for an outdoor led flood that surface mounts and can be sealed to the siding of a rv? I have a 1/2" hole with the wires coming out and want them to be hidden/sealed by the fixture. These are for the side and rear awning lights on my Alaskan. Everything I have seen has an adjustable base like a fog light(single bolt mounting), I don't want to just rtv the wires and have them be exposed
Thx!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

ripperj

Explorer
Thx, those look good, trying to see if they are available here, a bit pricey

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Im running this type on my camper. Works well, and LED so the power draw is next to nothing :ylsmoke:

$_35.JPG

Ebay item here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-RV-Oval...130-/221360242395?hash=item338a193edb&vxp=mtr

And an in action here....

chassis278.jpg

ripperj

Explorer
Thanks idasho, what does the back look like?, is there room for the wires and connections on a flat surface?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Yes, the backside of the fixture has plenty of space, and the case actually uses a gasket to seal against the flat surface.

I even went as far as a small 2 pole plug on the wiring, to make it easier to remove the light without having to cut wires or use wire nuts.

I used this type, and there is plenty of room.

21h6n-r7K0L.jpg

ripperj

Explorer
Hey thanks for the details, last questions, the lens cover doesn't look water tight, is the circuit board covered in epoxy? Is the housing plastic?
Thx

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
The lens is not water tight, but the entire thing is plastic, and is designed to drain any moisture that does happen to get in.

The LED panel is hardwired into the fixture. I dont have any moisture concerns.

Though with the led panel being hard wired, "bulb" replacement is not easy.
But the entire fixture is so cheap, who cares. Thats why I wired in a plug connector :sombrero:

But really, so far so good. I has survived extreme temps and weather with no signs of any kind of damage.

This ebay add shows its white counterpart, and happens to show the LED panel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Marine-F...lear-Amber-Lens-W-ON-OFF-Switch-/231048201466

They are nice, cheap, fairly low profile, corrosion proof fixtures. No reason to not use them IMO

ripperj

Explorer
I had run across that and like both the switch and the motion sensor, but you are right, it's big. I'm going to mock it up and see how much space it uses. Thanks

ripperj

Explorer
I misread the description, you need a power switch inside the camper, too bad I didn't think of that earlier:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94