Dual Battery Setups for a 2014 Tundra?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hey Guys

Setting up my new truck for camping trips.. I've wired several of my other rigs for dual bats, no problems there..

Anyone have the latest gen Tundra found an easy way to mount a second battery??

Thanks

racerjb

Observer
It seams like most people have been putting the second battery in the bed. For me I like keeping the bed space open since I use it for work and always hauling different stuff. I may have a solution for doing dual batteries in the engine bay and will find out shortly once I test fit a bracket. I will let you know if I find something.

Cwandy on here built a really cool system for in the bed that is worth checking out.

wikid

Adventurer
Yes ,,, My dual battery system will be over my passenger side fender well, along with most of the accessory electrical system. GMG fabrication , locally is making the mount. The compressor will also be mounted there, and maybe a few other things :)

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Thanks Guys

The bed of the truck will be my sleeping quarters. Thinking of possibly mounting it in the cab in the area of the rear seat in a custom box for the fridge and inverter.

cwvandy

Adventurer
I have a 2013 Tundra and there may have been some minor changes in the '14 model, but without some major engine compartment modifications there is no where to put a second battery in my rig. Plenty of room in a Tacoma, but not in a '13 Tundra.
Several people have put the second battery over/in the wheel well area on the side of bed. This leaves the bed of the truck open for however you want to use it. For pics of how I did it see:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/136352-Custom-Tundra-Bed-Storage-Phase-1

If you find a spot in your engine area please post some photos. It would be interesting to see what you figure out.

racerjb

Observer
I was hoping the Genesis Offroad Universal Dual Battery kit would work as it's a very clean and simple system. However, it's really close to fitting but won't without moving major components around which I didn't want to mess with. So, I am back to either putting one in the bed or behind the rear seats (like Cam-shaft did on a tacoma). Or maybe run the Genesis dual battery system in the bed and remove stock battery takings some weight off of the front end. I don't know yet...still trying to decide.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I will be running the Perfect Switch Isolator

Used them in several of my builds, they perform flawless, VERY simple, and made locally here in CA

http://www.perfectswitch.com/

I will most likely go with an AGM mounted inside the cab in place of one of the rear seats were the fridge and inverter will be mounted.

ryanundertrees

This is my first run in with the perfect switch. My understanding is it's role is for allowing the alternator to charge your auxillary battery but eliminate your accessories draining the main battery. If I'm right have you considered or explored the ability to self jump the main with your auxillary?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
This is my first run in with the perfect switch. My understanding is it's role is for allowing the alternator to charge your auxillary battery but eliminate your accessories draining the main battery. If I'm right have you considered or explored the ability to self jump the main with your auxillary?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Hey Ryan. Yes, that's exactly how I have it setup. The perfect has that feature. It's awesome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior