2006 Mazda B2300 Build Thread

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Transmisson cooler line blew on my buddies Dakota so I got to tow it across town, defiantly not safe but we had to get it to his Grandpas shop and it was late, power was surprising fine but man if you thought starting on ice with a 2wd was bad wait to you have a that big turd behind you..

Also bought some cheap lights from Canadian tire, just 6". The plan is to get some 6.5" hella 500's also and have them across the grill/bumper and get brighter bulbs for all of them eventually

Then pictures :)

Going to be ordering the hellas in February as with a cb/3 foot whip and avs window visors

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Since my last update I replaced my battery and broke another sway bar link so i took the bar off

Colour matched my front bumper and grill. Took forever to grind off the bed liner but it was worth it, plan on doing my rear bumper in summer and redoing my rockers with better bedliner

Besides the painting I'm really hoping to get some 1.5" hubcentric spacers for the rear and 1-1.5" blocks to pump up the back. You guys also really got me thinking about 32's... Not entirely sure which ones but I'm looking at the new Cooper stt pros but being more of a mud tire I'm a little scared about ice performance, could just go with the ko2s but time will tell

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
If you are thinking winter performance do NOT get mud tires. NOT good. I ran a set of hankook MTs with studs one winter and had my truck loop out on me on the highway. NOT a fun feeling. Happened because mud tires do not have the correct compound or siping for winter. Awesome rig.

I would not bother with the navigators. Bring em back and just buy the hellas right away. the extra 30 bucks or so they are, are well worth it. Install a set of 55w HIDs in 4300K. You will thank me. I have this setup and they are REALLY BRIGHT. The 500 is one housing that loves HID installed in them.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
If you are thinking winter performance do NOT get mud tires. NOT good. I ran a set of hankook MTs with studs one winter and had my truck loop out on me on the highway. NOT a fun feeling. Happened because mud tires do not have the correct compound or siping for winter. Awesome rig.

I would not bother with the navigators. Bring em back and just buy the hellas right away. the extra 30 bucks or so they are, are well worth it. Install a set of 55w HIDs in 4300K. You will thank me. I have this setup and they are REALLY BRIGHT. The 500 is one housing that loves HID installed in them.

Good to know about the tires, It's just that I don't have many options in a 32x11.0r15 and I'm not so sure about getting bfg ko2 or getting a 31 with this much lift
I might not even have the receipt for the lights anymore but they must half decent, I'm still planning on getting hellas at some point

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
I was thinking about doing something like this

Cheap navigators on the bumpers and getting a basket with hellas up top. All just ideas right now

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Took a trip out to Kenora Ontario today, beautiful sights and just an overall good time without any problems with the truck

Don't judge the oil pressure, still not hooked up

kojackJKU

I was thinking about doing something like this

Cheap navigators on the bumpers and getting a basket with hellas up top. All just ideas right now

That would be cool, I would sell the navigators, they will sell quickly, and put 4 hella 500 driving on the roof setup like I said, and put a set of 500 fogs on the front bumper for snow, fog, rain. add yellow bulbs in the fogs too.

Its the best most cost effective lighting setup. 500s are awesome. You will have a complete lighting setup that will be much better than those silly led bars that cost 3 times as much. Your rig is awesome. I'm prtty we building its bigger brother. f150. I have 33s on mine, with no lift right now. I need to get a roof rack for it as well....yours look great! As for the tires, You really can't go wrong with the KO2. I run the originals on my Jeep and love them.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
That would be cool, I would sell the navigators, they will sell quickly, and put 4 hella 500 driving on the roof setup like I said, and put a set of 500 fogs on the front bumper for snow, fog, rain. add yellow bulbs in the fogs too.

Its the best most cost effective lighting setup. 500s are awesome. You will have a complete lighting setup that will be much better than those silly led bars that cost 3 times as much. Your rig is awesome. I'm prtty we building its bigger brother. f150. I have 33s on mine, with no lift right now. I need to get a roof rack for it as well....yours look great! As for the tires, You really can't go wrong with the KO2. I run the originals on my Jeep and love them.

Thanks man I'll figure something out with the lights at some point, I've been looking at a rage powersport basket, it's a lower profile one but doesn't have light tabs so i very well might just get 2 sets of the hella 500s like everyone is saying and eventually hid convert them and stick em on my bumper in front of my grill. Plus those are dot approved so i shouldn't need covers correct?

As for tires i strongly don't want bfgs. The last 2 days of slush have been terrible and i literally slid about 100 yards backwards down a very slight incline yesterday and was stuck on flat ground. Duratracs it will be haha.

I'm going to try and be more prepared though, going to keep snow chains, a shovel (up top if i get a basket), hi lifter(again up top) and some max trax traction aid knock off ($300 is too steep for me). This way if i get stuck and hit the ditch or something I stand half a chance to get out solo if no one comes around

kojackJKU

No, they are not DOT. but having one set as drivng and the other as fog would be fine. have them wired to your high beam for the driving and low beam for the fog. that way its "legal". Also, only install HID into the driving beams, fog beams install yellow bulbs.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
No, they are not DOT. but having one set as drivng and the other as fog would be fine. have them wired to your high beam for the driving and low beam for the fog. that way its "legal". Also, only install HID into the driving beams, fog beams install yellow bulbs.

Really? I thought i has read they were dot approved... My bad haha thanks for the heads up on that

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Everywhere has different rules on lighting it seems.

I've never had any issues with lights here in Ontario, but have been stopped in Minnesota and also been asked at the border to cover or disconnect all but two forward facing auxiliary lights.

BTW, I'd cover the 500s anyhow, they have a glass lens don't they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles