2006 Mazda B2300 Build Thread

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
More updates, realized we made a huge mistake with tiny spindle/hinge and it would not hold so they're getting replaced with much bigger ones to hold the weights better. Tire and jack mounts are all done, jerry can/water can basket is done. Just need to cut out the back side of the bumper for the pods to fit through and box around them for strength and weld on the new spindles and hinges and cut/weld the d ring tabs(3/4" steel)

More pictures to come but it'll be done Wedneday evening
20597665_10209931512506530_616963495_o.jpg
20590698_10209931518906690_1051067230_o.jpg

livetoride21

Adventurer
Looking good! Not a huge fan of how far the Cans stick out, but other than that looks awesome!
looks like your cans are high enough up that they won't effect your approach angle.
I went a slightly different route when I built the tire carrier for my ranger , keeping the jerry can flat.
PC301872b_zps47pujh4u.jpg

What did you use for your hinge spindle?

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Looking good! Not a huge fan of how far the Cans stick out, but other than that looks awesome!
looks like your cans are high enough up that they won't effect your approach angle.
I went a slightly different route when I built the tire carrier for my ranger , keeping the jerry can flat.
PC301872b_zps47pujh4u.jpg

What did you use for your hinge spindle?

Stupid as it was I just used a hinge into a sleeve, tons of wiggle and play and is actually now getting replaced with the ruff stuff spindles

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
In other news I picked up a new to me ranger on monday night, 06 fx4 level 2 with only 97,000 kms on it. Finally got the v6x 4x4 and extended cab I've been dreaming about!

livetoride21

Adventurer
In other news I picked up a new to me ranger on monday night, 06 fx4 level 2 with only 97,000 kms on it. Finally got the v6x 4x4 and extended cab I've been dreaming about!

Congrats! FX4 Level 2 are rare!
Look forward to seeing a new build thread, will you be transplanting parts from your current rig?

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Looking forward to seeing some pics! My new to me 07' will hopefully have it's body lift installed this week.

I'm actually really thinking about doing a 1" body lift on my truck, also defiantly need some rear lift(explorer leafs + lift shackles and remove the factory block, with the t bars maxed and the heavy rear bumper I got some cali lean :(

livetoride21

Adventurer
I'm actually really thinking about doing a 1" body lift on my truck, also defiantly need some rear lift(explorer leafs + lift shackles and remove the factory block, with the t bars maxed and the heavy rear bumper I got some cali lean :(

I originally was planning on a 1" body lift but decided to go with a 3" for the hassle involved. I figure I may actually be able to run my T-bars a little less cranked and get clearance in a little bit different areas.

livetoride21

Adventurer
Personally I'm just not a fan of the look of a 3" body lift, just looks to tacky to me, to much frame showing

Fair enough, body lifts are kind of a love/hate thing.
Having been driving a 4x4 ranger with cranked bars , lift shackles, and an add a leaf for a while now I'm looking forward to trying the 3" body lift with the T-bars a little less cranked and a little bit less suspension lift to retain a more stock ride. I also get a bit of rub on the tire wells at full lock when reversing and I'm fairly certain the 3" body lift will eliminate this issue. The other reasoning for the 3" body lift for me was to gain a little more room to tuck the winch in between the frame rails/grill up front. It just doesn't fit at stock body height without cutting the original bumper mounts, and an inch more wouldn't do much.

Looking forward to seeing where you head with this truck! Always nice to follow other ranger builds, especially Daily driver style rigs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior