2006 Mazda B2300 Build Thread

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I think I would leave it alone and just drive the wheels off now. Its perfect as is. you start going bigger than what you have and **** starts happening more...Don't ask me how I know!

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
I think I would leave it alone and just drive the wheels off now. Its perfect as is. you start going bigger than what you have and **** starts happening more...Don't ask me how I know!

My wallet wishes I would just leave but I know I won't, I'm not lifting the truck any higher or anything like that though
-32s or skinny 33s when these 31s wear down some more
-Swingout tire carrier bumper
-Rock sliders
-Custom cross bars for the roof basket to lower it down
-Winch
-Fridge/solar system
-It will never end :Wow1:

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Tested fitted my friends 285/75r16s. They fit absolutely perfect and fill up a lot of my wheel gap which is nice, zero rubbing and with the alloy rims I couldn't feel any power difference stopping and going
I also replaced my upper ball joints, wheel bearings, rotors, calipers and brake pads and while it stops nice and smooth now I still have the dreaded shake that I've had for 2 years now -_- at this point the only thing in the front end that I haven't replaced since I got the shake is rims..I've done tires twice(balanced each more then once), spindles, bearings twice, rotor so that's my only guess now

Also built a very simple bed platform, costed me $50 and about an hour of time. Just two 2x6 support boards from the box lips and full width sheet of 3/4" plywood cut down to about 70" long, in the future we'll fill in the sides so its more complete looking but for now its something and i can store shallow bins underneath so I'm happy! and best part is i can take it out in about a minute for full box access
Excuse the terrible pictures

And because 33s

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Went camping this weekend and tested the bed platform, overall I'm very happy with it and it worked as intended, I was able to set the bed before leaving and store a bunch of stuff under the bed and the bbq, cooler etc beside the bed and still have room with the women. The only downsides to this so far is the headroom, getting in and out and changing is quite difficult now but its a sacrifice for having under bed storage. The other is now that the bed is higher we're basically right at the window level so privacy is quite a bit less so curtains will be happening sooner then later

And a few pictures, none of how i had the bed setup but next time

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Finally swapped in my seats that I bought last summer, had to grind off the rear feet from the rails and weld on the feet from my original feet and re wire the air bag plug but they're super comfy!

After last weekend of sleeping in the box and now today seeing a roof top tent in person I really really want one and so does the girlfriend...Has anyone done some form of internal frame for inside a camper shell to hold up the weight? My shell has never had issues off roading with the basket, 31" spare and even a person bouncing around so I'm not sure if its needed or not but I'm curious whats all been done. My other idea to go with this is to chop my current basket and mount it over the cab itself for a small basket for firewood etc and to act as a wind deflector for the tent(seen it done and it worked well and looked nicely too, seen here -http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/28029-Expedition-TrailBlazer-Project )

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Made some progress this weekend, going to be finished on Wednesday then headed off from Winnipeg all the way to Banff/Lake Louise so if anyone wants to meet up along the way let me know!
20449161_1118153874983567_7223662670674026043_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles