2006 Mazda B2300 Build Thread

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Fair enough, body lifts are kind of a love/hate thing.
Having been driving a 4x4 ranger with cranked bars , lift shackles, and an add a leaf for a while now I'm looking forward to trying the 3" body lift with the T-bars a little less cranked and a little bit less suspension lift to retain a more stock ride. I also get a bit of rub on the tire wells at full lock when reversing and I'm fairly certain the 3" body lift will eliminate this issue. The other reasoning for the 3" body lift for me was to gain a little more room to tuck the winch in between the frame rails/grill up front. It just doesn't fit at stock body height without cutting the original bumper mounts, and an inch more wouldn't do much.

Looking forward to seeing where you head with this truck! Always nice to follow other ranger builds, especially Daily driver style rigs.

Surprisingly enough for me the 285s don't rub at all except in the rear but im stock height there for now. I do plan on bringing down the t bars about a half inch once i do the 1" body lift

livetoride21

Adventurer
Surprisingly enough for me the 285s don't rub at all except in the rear but im stock height there for now. I do plan on bringing down the t bars about a half inch once i do the 1" body lift

What offset are you're rims that the 285s are on? They look pretty close to stock offset. I'm running stock rims with 1.25" wheel spacers so that may be why I get a little rub at full lock. Both my tires also measure quite large for a 265/75-16 (most brands end up between 31.25 and 31.5 where as the duratracs and ST Maxx are almost a full 32" tire)

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
What offset are you're rims that the 285s are on? They look pretty close to stock offset. I'm running stock rims with 1.25" wheel spacers so that may be why I get a little rub at full lock. Both my tires also measure quite large for a 265/75-16 (most brands end up between 31.25 and 31.5 where as the duratracs and ST Maxx are almost a full 32" tire)

Rims are a 16x8 with 4.5"Bs(stock), That defiantly helps with clearance and tucking into the rear without rubbing. Also not running a sway bar so that probably helps with front rubbing on the end links like some get

livetoride21

Adventurer
Rims are a 16x8 with 4.5"Bs(stock), That defiantly helps with clearance and tucking into the rear without rubbing. Also not running a sway bar so that probably helps with front rubbing on the end links like some get

Makes sense. How does the truck handle with no sway bar? is there significantly more body roll? Are you running no sway bars at all, or only removed up front?

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Makes sense. How does the truck handle with no sway bar? is there significantly more body roll? Are you running no sway bars at all, or only removed up front?

Never came with a rear sway bar so no sway bars at all, honestly its not bad at all, nothing compared to the body roll on the Mazda with very soft coils

livetoride21

Adventurer
Never came with a rear sway bar so no sway bars at all, honestly its not bad at all, nothing compared to the body roll on the Mazda with very soft coils

Interesting! My 02' has sway bars front and rear. Come to think of it I don't think my 07 has a sway bar out back , only up front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles