My new puppy doesn't want me to ride.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
So... Borrego, my little 25lb cattle-dog mix, managed to jump 4X his height, get on top of my 1200GS and remove the key from the bike's ignition. He's not a clever thief as evidenced by the trail of paw prints he left on the seat and gas tank.

I really wanted to ride this morning. Didn't happen. I'm sitting next to the bike typing this from the garage. 12-hours have passed. I've turned the garage upside down and searched a careful grid pattern in the backyard looking for fresh holes. No key. Borrego continues to play hardball by refusing to answer any questions and in a final slap to authority, has just fallen asleep at my feet.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Are you serious? The dog stole the keys?

You know it's not a good idea to use polish sausages as a keychain right?

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
My dog hates it when she sees me getting my gear on...she just leaves the room and wanders off. Never stole the keys though. You might have to wait a day or two until it....passes.

Or, use your spare key. You have a spare, right?

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
That is bad in an awesome way! It kinda reminds me of the scene in Gone in 60 Seconds when the dog eats the keys to the Mercedes. I hope your pooch didn't eat them. :smilies27

I often wish I had a side-hack bike just so I can bring my dog along with me.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
goodtimes said:
You might have to wait a day or two until it....passes.

Reminds me once of a time that I was sharing my Dove bar with our family Rottweiler. A neighbor stopped by and started a conversation. After the conversation I looked down and wondered where the Dove bar stick had gone? While our Rottie, Moses' sat looking at me like "Where's the rest?"

I found the stick a few days later...passed in full.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Can't you just use the spare key you have hidden on the bike? :coffeedrink:

...or...the 1200s came with two keys and a blank from BMW....

-H-

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
mountainpete said:
You know it's not a good idea to use polish sausages as a keychain right?
:D
ThomD said:
This too shall pass.
:xxrotflma

Hltopper said:
Can't you just use the spare key you have hidden on the bike?

...or...the 1200s came with two keys and a blank from BMW....
The bike came from BMW with only one "real" key and one spare. The spare fell out of its hiding place on a trip. "Get New Key" was already on my to-do list. Now I'll get 2. I guess I'll skip riding this week and take the dog for a walk instead.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
make sure you pick up the poop and inspect it...

Dogs eat the craziest stuff. My buddy was over my house helping swap in new rear leaf springs on my truck, and his dog (Chocolate Lab) came into the shop for about 10-15 seconds, before he wet in my house to hang out with our wives. 3 hours later of searching, we were missing one of the bushings for the spring hanger bolt, that I KNOW was there. We turned the shop upside down 3 times trying to find it with no luck. My wife comes outside and tells us the dog threw up in the kitchen and in it was a large black rubber bushing.....

~James

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
FOUND IT!!!

Those detectives on CSI can't hold a candle to my sleuthing skills.:wings:
THANKFULLY, it wasn't in his digestive tract. :eek:

Thanks for all the e-help.

Thank goodness you found it! That would be maddening! :) My K9 Reno learned to paw open the center sliding door between his kennel and the front of the squad. I came out and found my alley lights on which I knew I hadn't turned on before I went on break. When I looked in the kennel I also found my cell phone, ipod, and sunglasses all chewed up! GRRRRR! $500 of stuff the department said no to replacing...:mad: Now he has a new kennel in the Tahoe and can't get it open! :victory:

Bjorn

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Maximus Ram said:
WHERE did you find it ???:bike_rider:
It was near the bike. I had already checked that same area 3X's. I decided to get down on my stomach with a flashlight and creep around once more... There it was! :)

Just got back from a ~400 mile jaunt along the coast... what a great day!:bowdown:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles