Soft Shells

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
yeah i was not impressed with the pants i ordered from them. i need to see if they will still let me exchange. sizing was WAY off
I get angry with them, swear I'll never order again, and then I realize that I wear their shirts 5 out of 7 days a week (at least)....
I wear a Large in their t-shirts, XL-tall in some of the button-downs, and 2XL-tall in the others. No consistency.
Pants are similar. Usually a 36x36 but sometimes 36x34. A largex34 length in the fishing style pant.
They blame it on differing vendors.

The Superior Jacket I have kicks butt for winter camping. I have a fleece-lined Firehose Flex "briar" hunting shirt that I wear often. I think they stopped making it ---- got it half off.

peneumbra

Explorer
I've used the Condor soft shell for the last couple of years and find it to be very effective. They don't put hand pockets in them because the agencies they sell most of them to don't want their guys standing around with their hands in their pockets (flight jackets are the same way).

condors seem to run a little small, so I'd suggest buying the next size up from what you normally wear.

I've used the Condor soft shell for the last couple of years and find it to be very effective. They don't put hand pockets in them because the agencies they sell most of them to don't want their guys standing around with their hands in their pockets (flight jackets are the same way).

condors seem to run a little small, so I'd suggest buying the next size up from what you normally wear.
How tall are you?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Here's an idea too, Oscar. A wooly pully.
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/43323?page=commando-sweater-henley
They send me a 20% coupon every now and then. I wear my pully all winter in the lab. Machine washable.
The one I have now is about 9 years old and ready to become full-time camping gear. I'll get a new one for work.
Very tall guy friendly.

228198_28798_41

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have a columiba soft shell. waterproof, and looks great. fit is always spot on with Columbia too.

scbrooks87

Observer
I'm a big fan of my Marmot shoft shell. Not super cheap, but that thing fits great and it my usually go-to jacket. Sometimes I wish it had a hood, but otherwise I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles