Soft Shells

All winter I basically live in a softshell. Its time for a new one. Any suggestions. I have a couple northface ones that I like but was looking for something with velcro on the sleeves.

I like the triple aught design stealth LT but thats an expensive jacket.

Any other new or tried and true Soft Shells out there I should look at?

All my jackets have pockets

"Hand Pockets"

softshell_2copy.2.2.jpg

there are no pockets in the normal position for hands on the summit which is what you linked.

upon further investigation the phantom has "Hand Pockets" but no hood. A silly difference.

policestuff_2378_105256520

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Keep in mind, the TAD Stealth Hoodie LT is fully taped and waterproof. It uses a fabric that is considerably more sophisticated than most. Schoeller makes some of the most advanced textiles in the world, so while it is expensive, it is priced appropriately. I'm not one to ever champion the more tactical offerings out there, and the TAD aesthetic isn't really me, but...I love my Stealth Hoodie LT.

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
Get the TAD one, it's expensive but well worth the price. I have several of their soft shells going back for several years now, and they have all served me very well.

forty4fun

Observer
Costco soft shell

Second for the Costco soft shell. I picked one while walking through Costco one day. It is a great jacket for $20. It is in the closet next to my Simms and Filson jackets but at 1/10 the cost. For an everyday jacket it is hard to beat. Hand pockets and Velcro closure at the wrist.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Second for the Costco soft shell. I picked one while walking through Costco one day. It is a great jacket for $20. It is in the closet next to my Simms and Filson jackets but at 1/10 the cost. For an everyday jacket it is hard to beat. Hand pockets and Velcro closure at the wrist.
I went to Costco yesterday and tried on the largest size they had, a 2XL. Didn't fit around the shoulders, came down to just below my belly button, and the sleeves stopped well short of my wrists.
hrumph
They're part of the Global Conspiracy Against The Tall.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
thats my concern too. at 6'3 the asisan sized stuff doesnt cut it no matter what size i order.
That's why I mentioned Duluth.
All these cheapie brands and high-end brands have a thing in common; limited sizing. Duluth is notorious for inconsistent sizing but they make exchanges easy. And you ultimately have a tough article that fits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste