My next new build is about to start - V3 Explorer - Feedback from the group needed

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
More pictures

Shower pan. Hole cut in the wall for Thetford Cassette toilet. Shower grate made from Epi (African teak)IMG_4197.jpgIMG_4199.jpg

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
Espar Hydronic Furnace (D5) from Rixens

This diesel furnace gets mounted under the camper on the truck frame. 17K BTUs. It feeds two air handlers and a water 2 coolant exchanger for hot water. Rixen Enterprises put the system together for me.
IMG_4207.jpgIMG_4209.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Nice! Im interested to see how the heater works out. Should be a slick system

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
@ Java, I had the same system in my Sprinter before this build. Once I got it installed and tuned for the Colorado mountains the system was flawless. More pics in my next post of the internal parts.

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
Rixen/Espar System - Inside parts

These pictures show the two air handlers, hot water plate exchanger, expansion tank, etc.
IMG_4218.jpg
_
IMG_4217.jpg
_
IMG_4216.jpg
_
IMG_4215.jpg

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
how's the work on the truck at DK diesel coming along?

IMG_5140.jpgIMG_5137.jpgIMG_5133.jpg

It is going awesome. Todd & DJ are fantastic to work with. The scope keeps expanding but I should have it by the end of the month. Here are some pics they posted. It is long now ... Check out the beautiful spring hangers. Just crazy good work. The original bumper mount/trailer hitch is gone too (since I will have a simpler flat steel bumper, which DJ is making).

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
Wheels & Tires

Stazworks.JPGThanks to John @ Stazworks! These babies are going to look great. Check out the extra little carbon detail he did to match the rest of the truck theme.

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
3860lbs. At 15,440 and my total estimated weight I am right around 75%.

I can add roughly another 4,000lbs of capacity if I went with the Conti MPTs (but word is they don't wear or ride as well). But I have an option, if I got it wrong :(

java

Expedition Leader
3860lbs. At 15,440 and my total estimated weight I am right around 75%.

I can add roughly another 4,000lbs of capacity if I went with the Conti MPTs (but word is they don't wear or ride as well). But I have an option, if I got it wrong :(

Cool, I am trying to figure out what I want to for wheels and tires still. Looking at G275 MSA's or something else. I would prefer not to have to run those as they are a 42" tire. a 35 or 37 would be far far easier to fit. I dont have any wheel well in the back.

I am likely going to end up in about the same weight range. Ill weigh it when I get closer. Added ~400lbs of batteries yesterday.

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
Cool, I am trying to figure out what I want to for wheels and tires still. Looking at G275 MSA's or something else. I would prefer not to have to run those as they are a 42" tire. a 35 or 37 would be far far easier to fit. I dont have any wheel well in the back.

I am likely going to end up in about the same weight range. Ill weigh it when I get closer. Added ~400lbs of batteries yesterday.

I am using 400ah of Lithium Iron batteries. They are roughly 12"x15" both together and weigh approx. 100lbs. Compared to my last build I had two 8D AGMs for approx. 320lbs and 500ah.

The story behind the Lithium Iron batteries is they have better charge cycles than AGM and provide basically full 12v all the weigh down to 0% ish.

java

Expedition Leader
Looks great! Whose front bumper?

I like the Lithium batteries too, just out of my budget at the moment and I had the AGM's

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online