Trixter404's 2011 Night Armor Xterra

Trixter404

Observer
Nice! Are you going to be able to get all that installed before the fortune creek run this weekend? What spring rate did you get on the Coilovers?

I would like to but that might be pushing it. I bought 650's since I plan I getting a bumper & winch in the not-too-distant future.

Trixter404

Observer
I would like to but that might be pushing it. I bought 650's since I plan I getting a bumper & winch in the not-too-distant future.

I got it all installed. I need to make a couple tweaks in the morning before I head out, but at least it's installed. I installed the rear last night and the front tonight.

dhmachine86

Enjoys camping.
Nice, I like it.

I'm looking at similar things/solutions, for all the same reasons. It sounds like this isn't so much another option beyond Dep, though, as its a one off.

How is it attached?

Thanks! The roof rack was a made by my cousin's son (2nd cousin I guess??) who was only 17 at the time and trying to get into fabrication. It's inspired by the DepHep roof rack (hepsdesigns.com) made exclusively for Xterras. The idea was to have some extra storage space that was low profile, unlike the Curt rooftop gear basket that I previously had mounted on top of the OEM crossbars. This rack drops in between the roof bars allowing stored items to sit 4-5 inches lower and it's much more rugged. In the end, this rack is really just holding me over until I get a full Gobi rack and RTT.

Trixter404

Observer
I installed the new lift last week...most of it the night before an NWXC run at Fortune Creek (will post pics later).

Before (with PRG 2" front lift spacers and AAL):
8a1c84d5-c940-4ad0-bfba-6013c8089bb4_zpspggndn18.jpg

After:
P1010374_edit_zpsggkkjqlp.jpg

Last edited:

jhberria

Adventurer
Looks good, Steve. Are they noticeably brighter while backing up? Also, how are the Nisstec coilovers treating you? Any issues so far? I'm thinking about swapping out my OME coils for something with more travel up front, and was considering these because the price is right.

Trixter404

Observer
Looks good, Steve. Are they noticeably brighter while backing up? Also, how are the Nisstec coilovers treating you? Any issues so far? I'm thinking about swapping out my OME coils for something with more travel up front, and was considering these because the price is right.

Thanks, Josh. They are noticeably brighter and whiter...but not obnoxiously bright. Plus, if I need more light, I can just turn on the light pods on my roof rack. As for the coilovers, I have no complaints other than the springs being a bit stiff for not yet having a custom bumper and winch. They will be next.

jhberria

Adventurer
Thanks, Josh. They are noticeably brighter and whiter...but not obnoxiously bright. Plus, if I need more light, I can just turn on the light pods on my roof rack. As for the coilovers, I have no complaints other than the springs being a bit stiff for not yet having a custom bumper and winch. They will be next.

Good to know. I'm probably going to stick with the OME for a while, as they're only a year old and I still get decent travel with the spacers and SPC UCAs. Who knows, I might just say screw it and Titan swap for my next suspension upgrade down the line.

Have you decided on what bumper you're going to go with yet? I remember you were debating at the Fortune Creek run.

Never mind, I re-read your post and saw you're going with a custom job. Nice!

Trixter404

Observer
Good to know. I'm probably going to stick with the OME for a while, as they're only a year old and I still get decent travel with the spacers and SPC UCAs. Who knows, I might just say screw it and Titan swap for my next suspension upgrade down the line.

Have you decided on what bumper you're going to go with yet? I remember you were debating at the Fortune Creek run.

Never mind, I re-read your post and saw you're going with a custom job. Nice!

The Nisstec coilovers are good...it's just that I have 650lb springs that need more weight on them. As for the bumper...I think I'm going with HeftyFab unless a Shrockworks group buy pops up in the next couple of months.

Trixter404

Observer
More LED's installed...

Corner Markers
IMG_1112_zpsczf5me7a.jpg

Tail/Brake and License Plate Lights
IMG_1113_zpse4qonj4o.jpg

Map/Dome/Trunk Lights (will be switching to red in the near future)
IMG_1114_zps1frwl1y2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles