Trixter404's 2011 Night Armor Xterra

Trixter404

Observer
I spent yesterday on a solo snow run in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest...and it was a perfect day for it.

Mt. Adams at Takhlakh Lake
P1010397_zpsmaqll9ve.jpg

P1010402_zpsi5eoi6z9.jpg

P1010403_zpsdbhzutqf.jpg

P1010408_zpsiz9wp1g6.jpg

P1010410_zpslux8apzb.jpg

Walupt Lake
P1010413_zpsjl9qs4iy.jpg

Trikebubble

Adventurer
My lift upgrade has arrived!

Hey,
I'm just curious about your new lift. I currently have the Nisstec 2" AAL/spacer kit and have been thinking something else (better) is due. I've been looking around at RTT options, and will be purchasing one before spring. I also have a winch and either front bumper or hidden winch mount on my Santa's list as well. I figured the lift you have here, with the 650 pound front springs may be exactly what I need.
Did you purchase directly from Nisstec? Did you net 2.5" or 2" from this new suspension?

Anyways, your rig looks great. I'm just wading into the shallow end of the overlanding pool right now, but it sure looks like a great place to wander around.
Thanks.

Trixter404

Observer
Hey,
I'm just curious about your new lift. I currently have the Nisstec 2" AAL/spacer kit and have been thinking something else (better) is due. I've been looking around at RTT options, and will be purchasing one before spring. I also have a winch and either front bumper or hidden winch mount on my Santa's list as well. I figured the lift you have here, with the 650 pound front springs may be exactly what I need.
Did you purchase directly from Nisstec? Did you net 2.5" or 2" from this new suspension?

Anyways, your rig looks great. I'm just wading into the shallow end of the overlanding pool right now, but it sure looks like a great place to wander around.
Thanks.

I did purchase the lift from Nisstec. I also had a 2" spacer and AAL (from PRG) and I can tell you that the ride is so much better with the new coilovers (it's a little stiff without the extra weight of a bumper and winch but I will have both soon). With the coilovers, 1" front lift spacer, AAL and adjustable rear shackles (middle hole) I netted about 3.5" or so.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Cool. So my RTT has been ordered and we are picking it up in two weeks. Which Nisstec kit did you purchase? Can't wait to see the new front bumper, I've been looking at them all over, trying to see where the best deal may be from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trixter404

Observer
Cool. So my RTT has been ordered and we are picking it up in two weeks. Which Nisstec kit did you purchase? Can't wait to see the new front bumper, I've been looking at them all over, trying to see where the best deal may be from.

I ordered the MK84 Extended Travel kit with adjustable shackles since I already had the AAL. What RTT did you order? I plan on getting one soon as well...probably from CVT.

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I ordered the CVT Mt. Shasta from Simple Camping Solutions in Washington State. I dealt with Barney who is a great guy and very accommodating. He is going to meet us in Wenatchee in a week or so to deliver it to us. Thanks for the info in the MK84 kit, I thought that may have been what you installed, just wanted to know for sure.

Trixter404

Observer
I ordered the CVT Mt. Shasta from Simple Camping Solutions in Washington State. I dealt with Barney who is a great guy and very accommodating. He is going to meet us in Wenatchee in a week or so to deliver it to us. Thanks for the info in the MK84 kit, I thought that may have been what you installed, just wanted to know for sure.

Awesome! I haven't contacted them yet, but Simple Camping Solutions is who I planned on dealing with as well. They're a little over an hour south of me. Thanks for the info.

Trixter404

Observer
LED project complete. I replaced the 6000k front corner markers with amber LED's. I liked the yellow look at first but in the end I think amber looks better. I replaced the front turn signals/parking lights with amber LED's from Diode Dynamics.

IMG_1166_zpsrjq8yqzw.jpg

Next up...winch, HID projector retrofit (no halos, angel/demon eyes!), Morimoto LED fogs and 20" LED amber light bar...all after I receive my bumper from Hefty Fabworks. I'm also hoping to get an RTT soon as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles