New XJ for Overland Build

07EXPOJK

Just brought home my 4th XJ. Haven't had one for about 3 years, decided it was time to sell my 07 JK and start a new build. I love all the rigs you guys have on the site and my wife and I are going to start more expo/camping. I look forward to sharing the process with everyone. Here she is as of today:WIN_20150904_175451.JPGWIN_20150904_175404.JPGWIN_20150904_175332.JPG
-99 XJ Base Model w/ 124,000 miles
-Only one small rust spot on the entire truck ( which is amazing cause I live at the beach)
- Super clean after a 5 hour cleaning, p.o. hadn't cleaned it in years and it sat in a barn

First Planned Mods:
-Pass inspection next week
- 2.5-3" Lift w/ 31/10.5 tires
- Nates4x4 Roof rack and rear bumper (anyone have either?)
-Much more planned for the future

Nice. It would be great to have a blank canvas knowing what I know now after 6 years ha.
Have you had a look at the Dirtbound and JCR Off-road bars? They're my favourite and I would have a set of either of the exchange rate and shipping over to Australia wasn't horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbxj87

Adventurer
Nice find, in a barn even. Stuff stories are made of.
Check out Ares fab for bumpers and such. They're having sales going on now.

virginia_jeeper

Craft Beer Explorer
I like JCR's stuff. Looks good! Can wait to see I progress. As far as the lift, Dirk over at DPG will set you up with some good stuff.

07EXPOJK

I've been looking at their 2.5" kit as well as RC's 3". The RC kit I had on my JK was awesome. Had no problems with anything. Plus with the cost of their kit I can get other components as well. I just wonder if their springs are going to handle all of the gear I will have.

screwball48

Explorer
Looks like a good start. I am gonna keep my eyes on this thread to see what ideas I can steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jswift716

Adventurer
Overland is the goal for my 98 2door. I bought it with a 4.5 Rubicon Express superflex kit. everything looks solid but i havent driven it yet, waiting for shocks and tires, I've always used walmart rifle racks in my windows, if your worried about the glass you could tack runners in between to protect it. guess id call it the poor man solution to dirtbounds window rack
:victory:

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
this looks like one of those "diamond in the rough" finds.
Is it as low mileage as it appears?
In any case, it will be an awesome exploration rig. Great find! :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior