2 days in Ocala National Forest- KTM 690 & 350

AOG Rider-Brad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0XZV11T62I

Brad rides the KTM 690 Enduro and Sean is on the KTM 350 EXC for 2 days of deep sand and water in Ocala National Forest in August. The heat was brutal, but the riding was awesome. A perfect 2 day ADV ride to break in the bikes and get some gear dialed in before the Hatfield/McCoy trip in September. Enjoy.

AOG Rider-Brad

A good shot, captured by Sean of me powering thru the deep stuff on the 690. I had just taken off after a dead stop in sugar sand, and was trying to get some speed.

a53bab28d8b3daa8c3cc358bcde5dbb2.jpg

Brad
brad@adventureoperationsgroup.com
www.adventureoperationsgroup.com

FAW3

Adventurer
Very nice!! Thanks for posting the video.

I ran down to the ONF last winter from Northern VA. It was a treat to leave temp's in the teens and enjoy the Ocala NF area. My KLR did fine...except in the "sugar sand" intersections...if loaded with my gear...they were at times a struggle. If you lost your momentum...you are "sunk".

You can ride all day and not see another person...something to be mindful of as you point out in the video.

My trail water crossings were pretty tame...unless I saw heavy ruts seen going into the water...then look out for the "surprise monster groove" where the big truck got stuck the day before...I seemed especially adept at finding the deep rut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior