CJ5 Resto-Mod Project

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
The Jeepster build is going to be fabrication heavy, but light on the technical. Just a V8, a 5 speed manual, new axles/brakes/suspension, but lots of fabrication.

Look for it soon!

Thanks
I've never driven one, but if you're going mod heavy, consider the cockpit ergonomics. Apparently, stock they're terrible. This sounds like a build that I'd be very interested to follow.

If you need another orange cj to resto I’ll make you a deal on my 74 cj5. 304 3 speed.

awesome work btw
Thanks. The CJ was fun to build, but hard to find correct parts for.

That Jeepster looks very solid. Is it that good in person? The few I have come across always look like swiss cheese.
Yes, it was very solid. I tried like hell to lobby against painting it, as the patina was perfect, but the owner had to have new paint.

I've never driven one, but if you're going mod heavy, consider the cockpit ergonomics. Apparently, stock they're terrible. This sounds like a build that I'd be very interested to follow.
I actually kind of like it inside. It's an old truck, and should feel like one. But yeah, a new console will be made to give some creature comforts/storage. We're adding A/C too. Probably the headliner will be custom, in lieu of the cardboard inserts and we're on the fence about upholstering the interior side panels including the doors. As stock, nothing except the floor and seats had upholstery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne