Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mjolnir "Das Maultier" Our Unimog U1550L Expedition Camper

Im still very interested in your camper if you still have it.plz email me

Now Subscribed to this thread... looking forward to see how this turns out.

Have been looking into batteries over the last couple days..... Our camper will be "electronics light" No TV or stereo. Just a Bose Soundlink and a laptop computer. We will have an inverter for charging cameras, laptop, soundlink. All lights will be LED interior and exterior. We may run an electric kettle, but that will most likely be the highest draw consumer. We are planning on having a fridge and separate freezer, along with the fan with our airhead toilet, these will be our continuos draw items. All hand tools will be battery operated, so they will be on a charge as needed basis. I am thinking of a 300aH system, I'm just not sure if it will be big enough. I am also planning on using lithium batteries. This will be expensive, but if they last as long as advertised than it will be the same cost in the long run......Its the weight savings that I find attractive. 300aH of AGM batteries weighs 225lbs, and 300aH of Lithium batteries weighs 105lbs. Also I am not sure but due to the lithium batteries being able to go to 80% discharge vs. the AGM at only 50% I may be able to reduce the system size to 200aH....... Any thoughts?

Link to the batteries I'm looking at....

http://www.saskbattery.com/ecommerce_483.htm
    Why do you need that? I don't. The unimog does.

Old camper is still for sale folks.....will start a thread for it soon.....Camper only....not the mog...
    Why do you need that? I don't. The unimog does.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345