Tembo Tusk Scottle Recipes, Tips and Tricks

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
I love my cast iron and carbon steel. I saw the skottle at expo east this weekend, but didn't have a lot of time to go through it in detail. Can you give me an idea of how it looks broken down? I'm trying to envision a storage solution in my rig.

Edit - just found the Blue Ridge Overland video on your FB page. Very nice. :cool:

Here is a link to the Video: TemboTusk Skottle Carry Bag

ab1985, how was Expo East? Other than the hurricane that came through! A lot of vendors? A lot of people? I'm sure because of the extreme storm, it was less than ideal, but exciting never the less!

ab1985

Explorer
It was an ordeal, but in the best way. So many cool trucks! We left this afternoon. I really think it will be tough tommorow getting the last of the campers out. Walking around was a challenge!

I ordered a skottle and bag tonight on your site. I have one of the rare Blue Ridge Overland dutch oven bags. Looking forward to having everything together. :)

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
It was an ordeal, but in the best way. So many cool trucks! We left this afternoon. I really think it will be tough tommorow getting the last of the campers out. Walking around was a challenge!

I ordered a skottle and bag tonight on your site. I have one of the rare Blue Ridge Overland dutch oven bags. Looking forward to having everything together. :)

Overland Expo West was similar, although not a hurricane, we did have snow, sleet, rain, wind and sun ... repeat ... it was fun!

I just saw the order come in, Thank you!!

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
That Scottle table top on you FB page looks pretty good! Might be a good modular add...

Great way to add a bit of table space without taking up a lot of storage room. The top will fit in the storage bag along with the Skottle. In Time....!

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
BBQ Chicken & Grilled Asparagus

Click here for the recipe. From our friends at Blue Ridge Mountain Gear.

TemboTusk Skottle grill

chickenandgreens.jpg

cactusjk

Explorer
Incredible and easy recipes. The compact size of the Scottle makes it the perfect cooking companion. There is really nothing of its size out there.

ab1985

Explorer
We were travelling this weekend, but I was determined to cook something on the skottel so we stopped off at the supermarket on the way home this morning to grab food for lunch. Ribeye was on sale, so I had the butcher shave off a pound on the meat slicer. First I sauteed an onion and a green pepper in olive oil and a tbsp of kerrygold butter. Once the veggies were sweating I pushed them to the side to warm and threw the ribeye in with a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic. The meat cooked quickly, although, in retrospect, I should have amped up the heat a little to get a better seer and leave more bits for the au jus. I pushed the meat to the other side to warm then reduced a cup or so of red wine over the center and added beef broth to complete the au jus. I removed as much of that as I could with a spoon then tossed the meat and veggies in the remainder. I portioned the mix of meat, veggies, and au jus out to sandwich sizes and topped each with provolone. Added some water to steam and laid a baking pan across the top to capture the heat. Finally, everything went on to hot french bread. It was amazing:

81DC46C5-F5E9-4949-8359-138662EBC902_zps0lgyxzg7.jpg

6C729BAF-8475-4936-A0A4-12DFF23960AA_zpsfhjuw1tt.jpg

1613FA93-DC04-4FB4-BD37-2D69E41BA68D_zpsjwbim4pc.jpg

744EBEC5-16C4-41B3-86E0-E30FC84FBC30_zpsozrevbkm.jpg

74ED61D8-1FFB-4B53-B8E2-99C3A2F533BF_zpsdgalm9gl.jpg

353091DA-963C-4635-834C-6092BAB82DF8_zps6k7o5ytw.jpg

Johnainny

Observer
I bought one at the vermontoverland rally and have used every day. I made breakfast which I hate to do when camping due to the clean up that comes after. It works awesome and clean up is easy. I made what we are calling vermont chops. I use pork chops with the bone in and just add salt and pepper, a little olive oil on high heat and sear both sides of the chops. Then after I put in Vermont maple syrup and glaze the chops. It only takes a few minutes to cook and my family loves them. Clean up is just as easy. I put a little water in the skottel let it heat up then use it to clean off the maple syrup and dump all done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles