Headed back to So.Utah

Wanderer1

I'm headed back to So.Utah for some flyfishing.
Previous years I've fished the Sevier River, MammothCreek, Piute Res., and I believe a bit of the Fremont. Oh! And last time ( 4 or 5 years ago ) the little creek coming out of Panguitch after the dam let loose. Man were there some beautiful fish in hard to get to pools!

This trip I'd like to explore the Boulder Mtn. Area.
I'll e traveling light in a Tacoma with some provisions, a 2wt. And 5/6wt. flyrods. I'm happy camping in unimproved areas and don't mind hiking in a couple miles. For what it's worth Im 50 and try to be "transparent" for a lack of a better word.

Can anyone point me in a good direction?
I'm not asking for a secret spot just maybe a damn good starting off point?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

upndown

Adventurer
Can't help with Boulder Mtn, hoping to try that area in the next couple weeks. My SIL had some buddy's have some real good luck at Panguitch lake a few weeks back. The entire Firehouse dined on fresh trout.

Some time give Beaver Mtn a try! A little further NW. Have caught limits of Rainbows, bonneville cutthroat, and a few Browns from those Mtn lakes and streams! Good luck..Beautiful area. :sombrero:

Oh and after Labor Day, you pretty much have the whole Mtn to yourself. During the week anyway. During a week trip we saw maybe 6 other people.

Last edited:

peneumbra

Explorer
Major flooding and continued heavy rain in portions of southern Utah Monday night and early Tuesday morning. Reports indicate that many roads are closed/impassible.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Major flooding and continued heavy rain in portions of southern Utah Monday night and early Tuesday morning. Reports indicate that many roads are closed/impassible.

Indeed, we are getting heavy rainfall from what was left of that tropical storm off the coast and a dozen people have died already from the flooding. Here is one news link http://www.ksl.com/?sid=36528795&nid=148&fm=most_popular&s_cid=article-popular-2 I would avoid streams for a few days anyway.

upndown

Adventurer
Thoughts go out to all those affected! As in any flash flood situations, some pretty scary footage. I've actually seen the wall of water come down a dry creek or wash a couple times. The power is frightening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles