1994 Ford E150 4x4 Adventure Van Build aka Vanny DeVito

thuelmcnagen

Seems like things have been moving pretty slow lately, but I've gotten a few things checked off the list. I installed the rooftop fan and finally saw how the hi-top was constructed. Looks like a sandwich of fiberglass and foam board, so hoping that does a decent job of insulation as is and I won't need to add any additional insulation.

g5bZtSy.jpg

rUtBXJv.jpg

aQ6Hfyb.jpg

Also got the walls sealed up and the floor cut out.

dSUGe1I.jpg

EtJQFdX.jpg

Tomorrow I'll work on sanding, sealing, and screwing the floor down to be a little more permanent. I'll also work on placing the walls and laying the ground work for the bed if I can ever decide on how I want to build. As usual, I've got a list of amateur questions:

• Anyone know the best place to get a replacement 3 point seat belt for my passenger seat when I finally get one installed?
  • I'm looking for replacement door armrests for the 92-96, but they all seem to be pretty pricey on ebay. Any good alternatives?
  • Before I hang the walls I'd like to try and run some electrical wire. I still have no idea what I'm doing in this department, but does anyone at least have a recommendation for the type of wire I should be running? Also, if anyone has an awesome resource for installing a battery system, I'm all ears!

Stitebunny

Adventurer
Hey looking good there!
Can't help with the armrest question. But have you checked the electrical forum on expo for the house battery solenoid system?
Super easy to do and works well.
If you want to meet up and see how mine is set up let me know. Sometimes seeing things in person can explain a lot.
I also have a factory cargo van seat you can have if that's what you are looking for. Well actually 2 maybe.
And maybe even some power cable for the electrical system.

Last edited:

Deshet

Adventurer
How did you identify your van as a SK conversion? Did you have any stickers anywhere? My van rides smooth but I noticed that I have a few less leafs then others.

Can you post a few pictures of your dash?

Does your 4x4 light look like this one?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 77

java

Expedition Leader
How did you identify your van as a SK conversion? Did you have any stickers anywhere? My van rides smooth but I noticed that I have a few less leafs then others.

Can you post a few pictures of your dash?

Does your 4x4 light look like this one?

Thanks
This thread is old now... But my SK conversion had a plaque riveted to the drivers side seat base.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Deshet

Adventurer
My van is old....trying to use the search to find what I am looking for.

Did your 4x4 engage lite look like this? I understand SK is out of Business but I need to have a starting point.

IMG_0523.jpg

Thanks

java

Expedition Leader
My van is old....trying to use the search to find what I am looking for.

Did your 4x4 engage lite look like this? I understand SK is out of Business but I need to have a starting point.

View attachment 421339

Thanks
Similar ish, had an aftermarket light on the dash, kinda by drivers right knee.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier