Gonna add some additions this morning!
0d633082e071e0b3267d6a98b578b246.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

jhill15

Explorer
Curt hitch installed!
04f4ed8d678db9f835419cd232ddc153.jpg
6e6bd395eab7a8f2ceed55f250a4fa3d.jpg

It took about an hour to install. Very simple! Now I need a wire harness, and oil cooler so I can tow 2,000 pou ds as opposed to 1,000.

I couldn't install my fog lights cause I didn't have the proper screws to attach them to my fascia so now it looks like a trip out to lowes is in my future.

jhill15

Explorer
I installed my fogs today. Only downside is that I have to have them turned on through the bcm at the dealer.
546b61a328f9c3c25d425274e56e34ee.jpg
c94edf858a3a6dfd4800d7534cbd49ae.jpg

jhill15

Explorer
Fogs look great! I am not excited that I threw $215 on this project but I am happy with the outcome.
fc0dda2e36baf82a31eae8aea27e299c.jpg

Dake21

Adventurer
Fogs look great! I am not excited that I threw $215 on this project but I am happy with the outcome.
fc0dda2e36baf82a31eae8aea27e299c.jpg

Hey, at least you can see where that money went every time you look at your patriot. Money well spent.

KLT88YJ

Observer
My wife and I had a 2012 Patriot. Special ordered it with the off road package (skids and FDII Transaxel with low range) and the tow group. We both loved it. Handled snow with ease. While, we never had the opportunity to take it to the beach, it did handle back gravel roads and friends farm fields with ease. Sadly, we out grew it with our third child. She now has a Commander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
We went to the wrangler. Needed more space in the back for hockey trips. But the patriot was awesome. I had the 2010 FDII package. One negative about the FDII was the small gas tank. The lower range transmission and the fact that I used to drive it at about 125-130kmh meant I never made 4 hr drive without filling up. ha ha. If I kept it I would have to find places to put gas on it where my wrangler will keep going because of a bigger tank...and slower driving speeds in it..ha ha. Loved it tho, I also had the limited with heated leather seats, nav, upgraded stereo etc. It was awesome.

Fogs look great. wait till you get your lift and bigger tires on and then it looks like a real off roader. You will have a permasmile on your face.

jhill15

Explorer
My wife and I had a 2012 Patriot. Special ordered it with the off road package (skids and FDII Transaxel with low range) and the tow group. We both loved it. Handled snow with ease. While, we never had the opportunity to take it to the beach, it did handle back gravel roads and friends farm fields with ease. Sadly, we out grew it with our third child. She now has a Commander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really can't wait until some snow hits so I can test it out! I just learned yesterday how to turn the esp completely off. I would have never known that if I hadn't read how the 4wd works lol. How do you guys like the commander? Space is a major concern with us "2 kids" so we are gonna move into something bigger sometime down the road.
We went to the wrangler. Needed more space in the back for hockey trips. But the patriot was awesome. I had the 2010 FDII package. One negative about the FDII was the small gas tank. The lower range transmission and the fact that I used to drive it at about 125-130kmh meant I never made 4 hr drive without filling up. ha ha. If I kept it I would have to find places to put gas on it where my wrangler will keep going because of a bigger tank...and slower driving speeds in it..ha ha. Loved it tho, I also had the limited with heated leather seats, nav, upgraded stereo etc. It was awesome.

Fogs look great. wait till you get your lift and bigger tires on and then it looks like a real off roader. You will have a permasmile on your face.
Thats our goal, start out with the patriot move up to a unlimited wrangler. I would prefer a rubicon...but i'm sure my wife wont go for the price tag lol. I can't wait to get a lift and some bigger tires, definitely some rims with a different offset and back spacing!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have the sport and never needed the extra gear or price the rubi has. We use our Rigs off road ALOT. if you are not rock crawling all the time etc, the rubicon is really not needed.

jhill15

Explorer
I have the sport and never needed the extra gear or price the rubi has. We use our Rigs off road ALOT. if you are not rock crawling all the time etc, the rubicon is really not needed.
Yeah your right. I doubt I would use the axle lock, and theres always arb lockers. Plus we could probably get a brand new jku for the price of a used rubicon with 30k on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier