Username: Jhill15
Make: Jeep
Model: patriot sport 4x4
Color: Inferno Red

Pic of when we brought it home
f5a7ebc4cff174bcde02115b6c32e4f4.jpg

Current pic
54bcc92db3b8c23695409abcf852cbaf.jpg

We picked this jeep the other day as a soft roader for snow, camping, light trails, and weekend getaways.

I think all really I can do for this thing, raise it up cause clearance is a definite issue and get some nice all terrains.

Future Mod's and upgrades:
Moog constant rate springs
new all terrains
Pro comp wheels

Adding oem fogs :D DONE
Light bar mount
Roof basket
Interior leds :D DONE
Hitch :D DONE
Tow hooks
Plasti dip the grill
Replace factory grill with mesh
Rugged ridge liners DONE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jhill15

Explorer
Started swapping interior and exterior light with leds
4ffb93c9ed867d34466ffafdb5886915.jpg

cbfdff1f66571bbf365ce46d9e13446a.jpg
31cbddbb1e688bbf4990cb872902d231.jpg

JKU87

Adventurer
Looking forward to this build. The Patriot is a cool little rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swift7777

°.lllllll.°
They're great fun, tons of cargo room and even slept in mine a few times. Here she is on the outer banks NC, replaced her a number of years back with the JK.

Best of luck with your Pat.

Attachments

• 397191_2986257983424_87277572_n.jpg
    397191_2986257983424_87277572_n.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 400507_2986258143428_810474342_n.jpg
    400507_2986258143428_810474342_n.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 205

jhill15

Explorer
They're great fun, tons of cargo room and even slept in mine a few times. Here she is on the outer banks NC, replaced her a number of years back with the JK.

Best of luck with your Pat.
Nice!!!! I was wondering how mine would do out there. We go down to buxton just about every year. Was your a north edition, lattitude, or limited?

I'm just a little worried about taking mine out on the beach with not having the offroad feature.

jhill15

Explorer
Patriots are great little vehicles. Don't overlook adding tow hooks and skid plates.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

After seeing that front tow hooks are available and an easy mod to the front fascia I will definitely be adding them to the list of up grades.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I would suggest the RRO lift instead of the stu's, at least then you get camber correction for the lift you get. I had it on my 2010, worked great. The pat is an awesome and very capable rig.

jhill15

Explorer
I would suggest the RRO lift instead of the stu's, at least then you get camber correction for the lift you get. I had it on my 2010, worked great. The pat is an awesome and very capable rig.
Thanks kojack, I was reading that the stu coil springs have a better ride and not as stiff as the rro lift. Not sure how true it is but just what I read. How much did you spend on the rro lift plus camber correction? Also I wonder if the stu coil spring would cause the pat to be off camber?

jhill15

Explorer
Sweet! I am a big fan of the Patriot :)

Christophe in our office has a lifted one with sliders, etc. Rad little runner.
Thanks Scott, we are really happy with it so far. Im gonna give it a little test'n tomorrow. Christophe actually helped out with our decision to buy the patriot, and we are glad we did...now if I could just get the keys back from my wife, who has driven it everyday since we've owned it lol.

Dake21

Adventurer
Hey jill, I really liked your previous build thread. I'm looking foward to hear more about this one! I had a patriot for 2 weeks last winter and it was a lot of fun. Traction control can be turned off easily.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Thanks kojack, I was reading that the stu coil springs have a better ride and not as stiff as the rro lift. Not sure how true it is but just what I read. How much did you spend on the rro lift plus camber correction? Also I wonder if the stu coil spring would cause the pat to be off camber?

There was no difference in ride with the RRO. stus springs will be stiffer than stock. The spacers used in the RRO kit attach on top of the struts not between the spring and strut top. There is ZERO change in spring rate. As for your question regarding the stu's changing the camber. Yes it does as it lifts the same height as the rro. So yes, it needs camber correction. I paid 349.99 for the RRO, but that was in 2010, its at 399.00 now and worth it. I wheeled my pat regularly and often. It never let me down once. The ride was still stock and comfortable but I had the extra clearance for the bigger tires and ground clearance I was after. I am speaking from experience from the rro kit plus my knowledge of building rigs and race cars etc.

jhill15

Explorer
Hey jill, I really liked your previous build thread. I'm looking foward to hear more about this one! I had a patriot for 2 weeks last winter and it was a lot of fun. Traction control can be turned off easily.
Dake21 thank you! I really can't for some snow so I can see how well it does. I like that there is a t.c. on and off button, definitely a perk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles