Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on a 2-stroke

Buddy of mine just restored a Yammie 175 Enduro, it took 3 other parts bikes to do so.

Kinda cool to plunk around on it, it also makes you realize how far we have come from the Good Ol' Days.

Not sure if they still make them for your application, Cobra makes clamp on spark arrester.

My personal experience was never good with the 2-strokes, because they like to be ran wide-open all the time. I always fouled plugs from lugging it around slow. So if your not riding it hard I would get a four stroke.
    Well, a hooker would get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by plainjaneFJC View Post
    My personal experience was never good with the 2-strokes, because they like to be ran wide-open all the time. I always fouled plugs from lugging it around slow. So if your not riding it hard I would get a four stroke.
    The old ones yes, modern versions are much better...you can lug them all day long. My 300 is like a tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    The old ones yes, modern versions are much better...you can lug them all day long. My 300 is like a tractor.
    That's good to hear. My first bike was a CR125, I think the first year of the aluminum frame maybe 1996? Anyways, you had to run it like wide open or it didn't like it. Not good for a 17 year old kid just learning how to ride on trails. Didn't take me long to convert to 4 wheels.
    Well, a hooker would get the joke.

Lots of 2T street bikes/enduros out there, but with this particular bike my concerns would be the vibration on the street (big bore 2T = paint shaker), fuel range (maybe 40 miles if I was to guess) and difficulty powering a decent headlight.

Anything is possible I just think if you're okay with riding an older bike there are much better options available (Honda XL, Yamaha XT etc..)
    91- F350 crew - Turbocharged IDI

Quote Originally Posted by plainjaneFJC View Post
    That's good to hear. My first bike was a CR125, I think the first year of the aluminum frame maybe 1996? Anyways, you had to run it like wide open or it didn't like it. Not good for a 17 year old kid just learning how to ride on trails. Didn't take me long to convert to 4 wheels.
    Yeah those 125's are like a light switch, they have gotten better...but nothing like a 300. Beta is now making a super mellow 300, that is made for torque and going slow...more like a trials bike type power delivery.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...rainer-review/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12