Nate's 100 series family camping and DD build

nmatcek

Adventurer
I just came across this thread. I think I test drove that rig down at North Park Toyota a few months ago. How funny. I'm getting ready to do a few similar mods to my 2005 100 series. I'd like to talk shop before I do.
Yep, that's where I bought it!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

nmatcek

Adventurer
Extended my rear diff breather last night. It goes through a plastic panel behind the driver's side mud flap, through a floor opening, and up behind the side panel near the jack storage. Working on front diff and tcase and transmission breathers today.

uploadfromtaptalk1444307578061.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444307592851.jpg

nmatcek

Adventurer
I'd like to check out your lift setup before I commit to one for my 100. Maybe you can give me some ideas.
Sure. If you want to see it in person, I have a pretty flexible schedule. You don't run into many of these in San Antonio and especially not modified. I have OME 860s in the rear with stock tbars cranked and got the alignment done at dealer. OME Nitrocharger sport shocks all the way around.

landsharkman

Adventurer
I had all of my diff breather hoses sent to the front with this ARB kit
ARBbreathers_zpsd2128634.jpg

Sure. If you want to see it in person, I have a pretty flexible schedule. You don't run into many of these in San Antonio and especially not modified. I have OME 860s in the rear with stock tbars cranked and got the alignment done at dealer. OME Nitrocharger sport shocks all the way around.

I'll PM you my contact info.

nmatcek

Adventurer
wow your engine bay looks brand new :) hey did you install the ARB breather tubes yourself???
I don't have the ARB breather. That was someone else posting their setup. My breathers are all DIY.

Benc

Explorer
Rigs looking great!
You may want to reconsider the rear diff breather though. You will likely get some gear oil fumes in the cab with the current location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nmatcek

Adventurer
I found a solution for my power antenna problems

uploadfromtaptalk1445214653735.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1445214681877.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1445214722414.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1445214747855.jpg

I cut a section from a black plastic putty knife and backed the hole where the antenna used to be. The flexibility allows it to contour to the inside of the fender and it is siliconed in place. I left the unit down in the fender and I honestly haven't noticed any loss of reception on the channels I normally listen to.
uploadfromtaptalk1445214867484.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445214959382.jpg

nmatcek

Adventurer
Rigs looking great!
You may want to reconsider the rear diff breather though. You will likely get some gear oil fumes in the cab with the current location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestion. I've logged a couple hundred miles with my setup and haven't noticed any gear oil odor, even if I lean into the cargo area after driving.

Go4Lo

Explorer
I found a solution for my power antenna problems

I cut a section from a black plastic putty knife and backed the hole where the antenna used to be. The flexibility allows it to contour to the inside of the fender and it is siliconed in place. I left the unit down in the fender and I honestly haven't noticed any loss of reception on the channels I normally listen to.
View attachment 310176

Nice rig you're building!

Question for your regarding the snorkel and antenna. Once the antenna is removed is the remaining hole in the fender covered completely by the Safari Snorkel or is it partially covered? Just curious from an asthetic standpoint. I don't mind ditching the power antenna as I listen to Sirius/XM but not crazy about an exposed hole showing in the fender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles