Nate's 100 series family camping and DD build

nmatcek

Adventurer
how much were the front/rear bumpers, sliders and snorkel.. no winch yet? when you did the old man emu, did you opt for the upper control arms and diff drop?
Don't remember the prices. Bought the rear bumper DIY kit to save some money. I think Safari snorkels run around $250. No diff drop or replacement UCAs.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

nmatcek

Adventurer
No pics of the following but got a few maintenance items out of the way recently.
New front rotors and pads and repacked the wheel bearings. Went with the PowerStop cross-drilled and slotted rotors.
Replaced the PCV valve and associated vacuum line.
Replaced both upstream O2 sensors. Went with Denso.
New air filter.
Cleaned throttle body and mass airflow sensor.

fisherman978

great build man i have a 1998 going a similar route. how difficult was it to wire up the compressor? just ordered a tough dog kit for my suspension . thanks

nmatcek

Adventurer
great build man i have a 1998 going a similar route. how difficult was it to wire up the compressor? just ordered a tough dog kit for my suspension . thanks

The compressor was very easy to wire. ARB does a great job supplying and labeling the wiring. So far the Tough Dog shocks have been phenomenal. WAY more comfortable than the OME Sports I had.

nmatcek

Adventurer
New poly steering rack bushings went on a few weeks ago.
New front swaybar bushings and end links.
New upper ball joint boots.
Also replaced the front OME shocks with Tough Dog foam cell shocks. Never heard of them before but they're getting great reviews in Australia. OME passenger front was blown out already with only about 30k miles on it. So far the Tough Dog shocks have been a vast improvement in ride quality and comfort.

nitroracing

Spent some time under the LC last night. The old transmission fluid was VERY clean and very little on the magnets.

New trans filter.

View attachment 332482

Cleaned the magnets and installed a new gasket.

View attachment 332483

Approximately 13 quarts of the good stuff.

View attachment 332484

Done with all fluids now. Amsoil in all diffs and transmission. Mobil 1 in the motor.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Hi, when you took out the pan, did you have to use any special gasket or sealant to reattach it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarCaveUSA