Agile RIP is unavailable - what are my alternatives?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Seems that way...lol For the price point, the RIP kit looked to be what I was looking for. No question, UJOR's kits are awesome and IMO the best option out there, but might be a bit overkill for my 4x4 needs. I really just use my 4wd for beach driving. Less lift is also better for me for loading (I'd take no lift if i could!). Although I am very interested in anything that can help the quigley's highway ride.

If you've researched, you've found that UJOR's DeQuiglification setup (look at their 4" for your needs) is incredible.
Recent testimonial here, post #4236; http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/55074-UJOR-Build-Thread/page424

Or what about Action Van? A friend has a super clean 7.3L with their stuff and seems to like it. I know nothing about it FYI; http://www.actionvansuspension.com/system.php

shawn_nj

Observer
If you've researched, you've found that UJOR's DeQuiglification setup (look at their 4" for your needs) is incredible.
Recent testimonial here, post #4236; http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/55074-UJOR-Build-Thread/page424

Or what about Action Van? A friend has a super clean 7.3L with their stuff and seems to like it. I know nothing about it FYI; http://www.actionvansuspension.com/system.php

Believe me... if money was no object my van would be waiting at UJOR for full DeQuiglification right now! But you are talking low 5 figures for the conversion. And that would be after I already spent $13k on the quigley converstion. The RIP kit DIY is under a grand. Understood that they completely different systems/capability. After reading the DeQuiglification thread you linked to above, I am very surprised at the ride quality description. To be fair my quigley rides a bit rough when hitting bumps in the road.... but with the bilsteins and a 300lb standup jetski in the rear "you CAN be sippin lattes" in mine. lol My GF even drives it on long trips without any issue.

Thanks for the link to the action van kits, never saw them very interesting. Have to do some more research. Hopefully Agile gets it together, because if there RIP kit is as good as everything I have read, for the $$$ I think alot of quigley owners would be very interested.

Last edited:

shawn_nj

Observer
Guys, beginning in January 2016 Agile is reorganizing its operation to fulfill demand and supply as Ramsey brought in extra hands and heads to assist. Check back in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

Thanks for the update. Still very interested in the kit.

tienckb

Adventurer
It's the best bang for the buck to improve that Quigley ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Believe me... if money was no object my van would be waiting at UJOR for full DeQuiglification right now! But you are talking low 5 figures for the conversion. And that would be after I already spent $13k on the quigley converstion. The RIP kit DIY is under a grand. Understood that they completely different systems/capability. After reading the DeQuiglification thread you linked to above, I am very surprised at the ride quality description. To be fair my quigley rides a bit rough when hitting bumps in the road.... but with the bilsteins and a 300lb standup jetski in the rear "you CAN be sippin lattes" in mine. lol My GF even drives it on long trips without any issue.

Thanks for the link to the action van kits, never saw them very interesting. Have to do some more research. Hopefully Agile gets it together, because if there RIP kit is as good as everything I have read, for the $$$ I think alot of quigley owners would be very interested.

You're very welcome for the help. I haven't ridden in the Action Van but my friend with the AV setup on his 7.3L has been in this industry 20+yrs, owner of the country's leading custom sportscar wheel manufacturer, so he'd certainly LMK if the Action Van stuff was absolute crap.

Sorry to see Agile posting on other non-Agile threads on ExPo vs responding to your inquiries and even your questions here. :(

derjack

Adventurer
Thanks for the update. Still very interested in the kit.

I once also wrote an email and a friend of mine also, both with no "luck ".
As far as I've read it's not just man power missing to answer customers. It's also supply chain! This means one out two men in the shop in addition will not make a difference.

Arctic Travelller

Adventurer
I once also wrote an email and a friend of mine also, both with no "luck ".
As far as I've read it's not just man power missing to answer customers. It's also supply chain! This means one out two men in the shop in addition will not make a difference.

The guys at Agile are gearing up quickly. I helped them install a new lift a few weeks ago, there getting more help and will have more room too. Stay tuned, good things are coming. I know it's frustrating to wait, but it will be worth it.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
From the consumer side of things, and don't take this personal, but your post really means nothing. It's hard to take a company serious when they can't be bothered to make a single business related post on their own behalf. There have been a few fairly recent posts by folks giving the impression of being "in the know" about great things coming or other positive comments, yet not one single post by an official of the company. That does not speak well of the management in charge. Communication is everything in a business and it seems that at this particular point there is none.

I have no dog involved at all, but speaking simply as a consumer of 4x4 and off road related products, I would have pretty much zero interest in doing business with this company just based on certain actions, and more importantly, inaction that has been displayed throughout forums on this single site.

Arctic Travelller

Adventurer
"It's hard to take a company serious"

Those of us who have been fortunate enough to have Ramsey rework our suspension take him very seriously. The op asked about his options, and there are several, but the most cost effective one may be to wait until Agile ramps up production. When your a small business owner having demand exceed supply is a mixed blessing. Many companys fail while trying to grow too fast, so it's a ballancing act. His work speaks for it's self, but it's a free market and the consumer can choose as he see's fit. If it was me, I'd wait as long as I could and then make a decision. I was only trying to point out that the long waits should be coming to a halt in the near future. You mentioned "an official of the company and management in charge". That's one really busy guy by the name of Ramsey who as you probably know is trying to retire. His new manager John is coming on line in about a week, so give them a chance to get the new ball rolling.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
"It's hard to take a company serious"

That's one really busy guy by the name of Ramsey who as you probably know is trying to retire. His new manager John is coming on line in about a week, so give them a chance to get the new ball rolling.

What you said about business contained some valid points, but at the end of the day the lack of input by ANY business principle is inexcusable. I run a business as well, and my customers don't care one little bit how busy I am, nor should they. All they care about is when they make a phone call, or send an email, or contact me in any way, they get an answer. People contacting Agile, at least the ones posting here, aren't getting slow answers, they're getting no answers which is the cardinal sin of business. And the "they're so busy gearing up" or " so busy trying to retire" argument doesn't hold up. Up to about a week ago when a certain someone was sticking his foot in his mouth over his attempts to poke holes in a competitors product, he had plenty of time to post in threads of his choosing, yet no time to fire off even a canned response to people enquiring about his own product? Please.

You like Agile, that's great. You probably have some sort of personal relationship with at least some number of employees since you help them install product. They're probably even some good guys, but here is the bottom line. The companies communication is poor to non-existent, and that is unforgivable.

There's a big difference in being a businessman and being a man in business. Being able to adequately engineer a solution and/or drive fast off road does not necessarily translate into being a good businessman.

Arctic Travelller

Adventurer
Being able to adequately engineer a solution and/or drive fast off road does not necessarily translate into being a good businessman.[/QUOTE]

Good business man or not, Ramseys solutions work extremely well, it's why the demand is so high. In your case, I'd recomend you look elsewhere if you need advanced suspension work, it's a free country. Others will find it worth the wait. I have no vested interest in his business, I'm just a satisfied customer who returns from Alaska year after year to have my van looked after and improved. He runs his business as he sees fit, you can run yours as you please, but that's no reason to trash him. I'm done with this discussion.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
tg said it very well, no trash.

When your a small business owner having demand exceed supply is a mixed blessing.
Not trying to tell anyone how to do it but as a business man myself(vs a man in a business) I've found in instances like this our clients genuinely appreciate some clear communication as to what's going on. I must say that if supply/demand is the case here, I must have missed that communication from Agile on this thread. Instead I have seen posts by Agile on other van threads in the past weeks, to non-Agile customers. Seems a bit strange to ignore customers but respond to non-customers, but maybe that's a new sales technique??

FWIW, a local friend called Agile about a RIP and John called him back a few times and a purchase was made. I'm anxious to take a ride in it.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
There's no doubt that the RIP kit is worth the $. A better quality shock always makes a huge improvement on the Quigleys, a custom valved piece makes it that much better.

taylor3633

Observer
RIP Now Available

You may try calling them again. I had a similar experience to you last year trying to order an RIP kit but after reading that the business has changed and will be shipping kits again. I gave Agaile a call last week and ordered a kit which is on its way to me now. From the reviews I have read, there really isn't a better kit for the $$$. While I daydream of converting a newer V10 cargo to 4x4 using Ujoints kit someday, making my existing Quigley kit more robust and comfortable is my current desire.

bb121

FWIW: Two weeks ago I emailed Agile, explaining I had tried to order The RIP kit before with no response. This time John emailed me back, then called back, promptly. We discussed the kit, and I put in an order. I received it within three days (CA to CO) and installed most of it this weekend. I put in four shocks and the two front coil springs, but ran out of time installing the DE-Arched helper spring in the back. First impressions are that this kit is awesome! This is my second Quigley, and there is no comparison to stock. I've been driving up and down my version of the White Rim Trail (AKA 29th street) for several days now, and I have yet to bottom out. With the stock setup, I had to drive around with my mouth open for fear that I would hit a bump and lose some teeth! I think total height gained in the front is ~1.5 inches, give or take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles