Agile RIP is unavailable - what are my alternatives?

susswein

Observer
After 6 months and dozens of phone calls and emails to Ramsey without a single response I've decided to give up on trying to get an agile RIP for my quigley van. I don't know if it's just horrible customer service or other problems, but the bottom line is that unless you've got the time to physically drive to his shop you've got zero chance of buying his RIP online.

So the question now is: What's the second best alternative?

Bilstein shocks?
Foxx shocks (without the Ramsey revalving)?
New/releafed springs?
airbags?
anti-sway bar?
steering stabilizer?

My primary goal is improved ride and handling on the pavement and moderate dirt roads. Recommendations?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Start with some Bilsteins direct replacements or Fox without the custom valving. You have a Quigley?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Gotcha. get the specs/part #s from Quigley for your shocks and just get OE replacements. May not be as perfect as the RiP kit but you'll definitely notice a difference!

martell06

Observer
I was able to trim my front bumpstops and still have plenty of crossmember clearance. Took off about 1.25" iirc and that made nice difference for free. I still need better shocks but doubling the suspension's uptravel has kept my teeth and spleen intact over large bumps.

I simply measured the distance between the bump stop and it's strike point and compared it to the distance between the axle and crossmember. With the shorter bumpstops I still have about .75" crossmember clearance at full bump. Hope this helps

familyvan

Adventurer
I also read that upgrading to the moog coil spring (i think the its part cc880) helps a lot too. It will give it a little lift plus it is a progressive spring. I am going to give it try if the RIP is no longer available.

Last edited:

TIICOSYNCRO

I was interested in the Agile kit also, sorry to hear theres no response. I know the Bilsteins are a good shock for the quigleys but Im leaning toward the fox shocks as they are great on a couple other vehicles I have. If they're no longer supplying the kit, hopefully they'll chime in and give a few details on re-valving the shocks and what springs they used so we can do it ourselves. I'm a new quuigley owner and this looked like a great upgrade.

DerPo

Hey! I have a 2wd sportsmobile that is currently being lifted by Weldtec Designs. The owner is Jeremy and is a straight shooter.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Very odd Agile hasn't responded. He's responding to other threads(including UJOR's build thread). Hopefully you get it sorted out.
As always, big props to Chris from UJOR for his superior customer service--best in the biz! :beer: :bowdown:

shawn_nj

Observer
Def go Bilstein for the front and rear over OEM. I bought my E250 Extended Quigley new and swapped the shocks after less than 500 miles. Makes a HUGE difference over stock. I also attempted to contact Agile a few times to buy a RIP and had no response. I'd love to try the Fox shocks.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Def go Bilstein for the front and rear over OEM. I bought my E250 Extended Quigley new and swapped the shocks after less than 500 miles. Makes a HUGE difference over stock. I also attempted to contact Agile a few times to buy a RIP and had no response. I'd love to try the Fox shocks.

Very sad, sorry to hear.
I think "the force" is telling you to go UJOR instead.

shawn_nj

Observer
Very sad, sorry to hear.
I think "the force" is telling you to go UJOR instead.

Seems that way...lol For the price point, the RIP kit looked to be what I was looking for. No question, UJOR's kits are awesome and IMO the best option out there, but might be a bit overkill for my 4x4 needs. I really just use my 4wd for beach driving. Less lift is also better for me for loading (I'd take no lift if i could!). Although I am very interested in anything that can help the quigley's highway ride.

tienckb

Adventurer
Guys, beginning in January 2016 Agile is reorganizing its operation to fulfill demand and supply as Ramsey brought in extra hands and heads to assist. Check back in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles