Redeth's Overland Trailer Build

chunko

Observer
That's great news, man! This is, hands down, my favorite build on here. Can't wait to see what details you add.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Redeth005

Adventurer
That's great news, man! This is, hands down, my favorite build on here. Can't wait to see what details you add.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Well Thanks a lot man i appreciate the love. :victory:
Most of those details have already been bought since the first year of the build so im sure things are gonna go much faster then the rest of he build has taken up until now. Or so i am hoping.

So Jealous!!!

Don't be. You're getting you're build done. and best part of all you already have all the doors lol. That's the most pain in the butt part to create in my opinion.

Redeth005

Adventurer
There's not much i can do on a week night but I did mount my 15 gallon water tank and water fill.

I used two extremely heavy duty grade velcro straps to hold the tank in place. I don't care about sun wear & tear or the quality degrading because i have an unlimited supply of them at my hospital. We use these straps to secure our patient's to the operating tables once they are out. It's a about 3" or 3.5" thick. And if they can hold a 300-500lb patient in place I'm sure it will do well in holding the water tank in place with all the bumps on the road; Especially since i used 2 of them lol

The on-board heated shower is gonna be great nice when i permanently install the rest of the shower components.

Last edited:

Redeth005

Adventurer
I just bit the bullet and invested into the most expensive piece to my trailer build. Although expensive it is definitely going to be worth it and I know my family is going to enjoy camping with this thing for sure. The quality of the summit series line is unmatched. And the extra options you get included in the summit series is well worth every penny of this investment. I can't wait to use it. Average price for this gem is $2995 but for this weekend only it's $2k plus S&H. It's even a better deal then the 20% off that they give during black friday and I couldn't just let a deal like that pass me by. So by our buying it this weekend I saved just under $1k. Get your deal this weekend! Thanks for the great customer service guys. And the great Memorial Day weekend sale price.

These were the pricings exclusively for this weekend at CVT and the current quantity available for sale:
(2) Mt. Bachelor SF Pioneer EG $760 (SOLD)
(5) Mt. Bachelor SF Summit BG $1400
(3) Mt. Bachelor SF Summit Tan $1400
(2) Mt. Bachelor EV Summit BG $1500
(2) Mt. Bachelor EV Summit Tan $1500
(1) Mt. Shasta SF Pioneer Tan $975 (SOLD)
(5) Mt. Shasta EV Summit BG $1800
(1) Mt. Shasta EV Summit Tan $1800
(4) Mt. Hood SF SKY Pioneer EG $1250 (3 Left)
(2) Mt. Hood SF Pioneer Tan $1050
(6) Mt. Hood SF Pioneer EG $1050
(4) Mt. Rainier SF Pioneer EG $1100 (3 Left)
(1) Mt. Rainier SF Summit BG $1800
(13) Mt. Rainier EV Summit BG $2000 (10 Left)
(4) Mt. Denali SF Pioneer Tan $1600
(1) Mt. Denali SF Summit Tan $2000 (SOLD)

This is the color i originally wanted to get. But with a deal this good i just couldn't pass up my chance. I don't care if it's bright green. At least finding my home base campground will be easy for me and others meeting up after we arrive to camp sites.

If you are curious to learn more about this tent here is the link:
https://cascadiatents.com/shop/mt-rainier-extended-summit-series/

but basically here is a copy/paste off their website description:
The Mt. Rainier Extended Vestibule Summit is a 3+ person tent that gives you extra room inside your annex room as well as additional privacy.

The Summit Model has an upgraded floor made with a diamond plate honeycomb aluminum.
The Fabric is a 380g compared to 280g on our standard Pioneer Series Tent. Straps on the cover are a cinch buckle versus Velcro on the Pioneer Series.
The mattress comes with a Waterproof mattress cover instead of cotton. The interior poles are material wrapped and the center pole has built in LED Lighting with on, off and dimmer switch as well as 2 USB ports. Telescoping ladder, the ladder has a release on the face of the steps and bumper stops between each step. All the plastic fitting have been upgraded to alloy (on hinges), D-rings are bigger and Velcro is thicker. The rain fly is heavier with quick release buckles. The Summit Model tent also includes two shoe racks (one on each side of the ladder), X One Piece anti condensation mat, two Spreader Poles to help keep the overhang taut, Annex walls, removable 6″ annex extension, and a removable PVC floor.

Specs:
- Sleeps: 3+
- Size (Open): 72″ wide x 132″ long x 50″ high
- Size (Closed): 72″ wide x 48″ long x 15.5″ tall
- Size (Sleeping): 72″ wide x 96″ long
- Travel Cover: 1000D PVC, Heavy duty PVC
- Mattress: 2.5″ thick high-density foam with waterproof cover
- Covered Overhang: 36″
- Rain Fly: 600D Polyester Oxford with taped seams and PU coated
- Fabric: 380g poly/cotton rip-stop canvas, Breathable, Mold resistant, UV protection, Waterproof PU coating
- Ladder: Telescoping ladder
- Base: Diamond plate honeycomb aluminum floor
- Internal Frame: 1″ aluminum, Material wrapped
- Floor: Removable PVC floor
- Light: Included, LED
- Anti-Condensation Mat: 72″ Anti-Condensation Mat
- Compatible Rack System(s): Baja, Diamond Racks, Front Runner, Garvin, Gobi, Thule, Voyager
- Additional Features: Two shoe rack/holders, Two USB ports
- Other: Annex Room included

Last edited:

pyrate

Rollin' along
Can I offer a suggestion? The attachment safety chain points are square edges about knee high. It's right where you will be working to connect / dis-connect and walking around the hitch. Maybe round off the corners?

Redeth005

Adventurer
Can I offer a suggestion? The attachment safety chain points are square edges about knee high. It's right where you will be working to connect / dis-connect and walking around the hitch. Maybe round off the corners?

Haha it's funny that you mention that. I was just thinking of doing something about those pointed tips because of fear for getting my shins or knees in one of them.

Redeth005

Adventurer
I Thought i would share this really quick. It is basically the wire diagram that i made when i asked the "E-Trailer.com" guys my questions to confirm i had all the wiring correct for my Tekonsha Prodigy p3 Brake controller. They told me i was good to proceed based off this diagram.
I wasn't planning to share it. But i know many people are going to have issues wiring their vehicles and so i thought i would help another person out since i had to figure out how to do it on my own.
I hope this helps somebody looking to go from a 4 pole to 7 pole connector tow wire harness.

Redeth005

Adventurer
So i asked for the wrong day off. CVT ships with old dominion freight lines. And online it said my package would arrive today. But with this company you need to make an appointment for them to drop it off at your residence. Since i was a bit late with making the appointment i wouldn't be getting my package till Friday or Saturday but i had already asked for the day off from work to receive my package. So unfortunately i had to pick it up myself. But its cool at least my day didn't go to waste.

Here i had just loaded up the 278lb box. Me and one of their workers pushed it off the fork lift onto the truck's roof rack. Getting it off was kinda hard but at least i had help once i got home.

Putting the tent together is pretty straight forward. The package comes with an instruction book so it wasn't so hard.
This was right before i began to mount the tent onto the trailer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately i don't have any more pictures so this is just gonna have to be a little teaser for the mean time until i get around to taking more pix this weekend.

I will however give you my honest opinion about this awesome tent.
I love how thick the canvas material is. Yes the over all tent is heavy as hell but the quality of the material they used is very nice and so long as i don't accidentally get anything caught on the trailer while it is closed I'm sure it will be just fine. Not only is the canvas super thick but the black waterproof cover is extra chunky. You can definitely feel the quality in this one.

I love that they give you an anti condensation matt for under the mattress. It also includes 2 USB charging ports and an internal LED light.

Of course there has to be some minor flaw yes? In my opinion i thought the mounting hardware should have been stainless. I believe they provide zinc coated bolts and nuts but my biggest disappointment were in the plates that slide within the rails which hold the bolts in place; They are made of aluminum! Yes the instructions say do not over tighten but when i only have the nut on about 1/4" of he way in and i still have almost 1 more inch to go on the bolt length i don't think the mounting hardware should snap!!! My bolt seized. and snapped the tip of the bolt off. In addition, the aluminum plate was stripped so the new bolt that i eventually bought from home depot continued to turn and turn when trying to tighten because there was nothing to hold traction on the bolt when tightening the nut. Luckily hat entire piece is removable and i just tightened the replacement bolt and nut as much as i needed so it was snug on my trailer's crossbars then i tightened the rest of the way on the opposite side which the bolt and aluminum piece were in still good working order. So pretty much i put all the tension on the good bolt. I Highly suggest greasing the bolts they provide in the kit. It will ensure that the lock washers go in smoothly. CVT should definitely upgrade those plates to STEEL! because when a steel bolt is vs an aluminum bracket the bolt will always win.

Aside from this minor hickup in the installation I am very pleased with the entire tent quality. If i didnt have this slight set back i would have been able to take a ton of pictures with the tent set up and opened up with annex. Now i gotta keep you guys waiting till saturday lol

Last edited:

chunko

Observer
Aside from this minor hickup in the installation I am very pleased with the entire tent quality. If i didnt have this slight set back i would have been able to take a ton of pictures with the tent set up and opened up with annex. Now i gotta keep you guys waiting till saturday lol

Oh, BOOOO! Now that you are nearing this stage of completion for the trailer, do you have a plan for where slimer's maiden voyage will be to?

Redeth005

Adventurer
Oh, BOOOO! Now that you are nearing this stage of completion for the trailer, do you have a plan for where slimer's maiden voyage will be to?

Still have a lot to do on the trailer. It just has the tent up there that makes it look more complete than i really is lol
I still have a ton to do to it. The cooler slide out. Mount for the propane tank on the trailer tongue. mount the shower to the door and mount the tent Propex heater, and run all the exhaust tubes. and figure out a way to route ducting out of that front compartment but sill be able to close the compartment when not in use. that one is gonna be the hardest one to do in my opinion. Then i still have to add the solar panel, battery bank, charge controller, and make a somewhat decently organized cabinet to house all this stuff in the front compartment. I may actually see how much my buddies at "GooseGear will charge me to make me an organized compartment and to wire all the goodies to it. So there is still a lot to get done. But as far as basic camping trips, YES i do want o test out the tent even if he trailer isnt complete yet. i may just go up to Angels crest Forrest off HWY 2 in Cali with my girl and son just to test it out foir 1 night. and also to get some pictures too lol . I would be nice to just test i for the night. have breakfast then head back home. I'm sure there is gonna be things i want to tweak after each trip i do anyway

Redeth005

Adventurer
Here's a nice picture of it to give you guys something to look forward to lol (or just another teaser)
At least this will give you all some perspective of how it looks all packed up. I took this one this morning. I'll have more pix tomorrow.

JasonRedwood

Explorer
And what are you leaning toward doing most?

I don know man, still swaying.
I have little time these days for projects, the fj60 has sat for a month or so now with no progress.
I loved my last tent trailer but it was too small at the time. I have been cruising the net for a used trailer that I can alter if need be.
Been looking at the Livin'lite tent trailers... its a ways out though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94