Trasharoo, first impressions....

fishEH

Explorer
Just for reference these are the instructions that came with it. I can kinda make out the first two pics, but there's no chance on the others.

I was able to figure out that the extra strap was indeed an Anti-sag strap and see how it was mounted by browing their webstore and seeing the pics in the replacement they sell.
I also read in another thread that the straps should be long enough to relocate the buckles all the way to the top or bottom of the bag, which I'll try.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I just bought an old backpack, it looks a lot like a Trasharoo, does anyone know how I am supposed to carry it?

fishEH

Explorer
I can see where this is headed.
I guess my expectations were too high which is why I was disappointed.
I'm plenty capable of figuring out what is basically a tire backpack. My beef is that the company felt the need to include instructions yet didn't bother to make them legible. Also there's nothing describing how the anti-sag strap is supposed to be installed.
I think a tiny bit more thought and consideration could have been given to non swing away mounts and the product would be great.

Chili

Explorer
Mine just came in last week and I thought the instructions were pretty clear, if needed at all.

8e724b39f081c1e613ada28ad4773305.jpg

As to the weather wear issue, do most people leave these on all the time? I only intended to have it on when actually going camping. I thought the quality looks good but after this thread I hope I'm not disappointed.

Last edited:

Ray_G

Explorer
I think a tiny bit more thought and consideration could have been given to non swing away mounts and the product would be great.

I had a similiar experience on my D1, I ended up cutting the straps and bolting buckles into the spare tire carrier for easier mounting and tensioning of the bag-a lot of effort but since I didn't want to leave it on 24/7 it was worth it to give it a quasi quick detach capability.

jgaz

Adventurer
I broke a buckle on mine during the initial instillation. I called the Co. And a gentelman there said that occasionally they run into that problem. They shipped me out two, complete, different design buckles, at no charge. Great service. Changed both buckles and have had no issues the past year.

BTW, I was able to substitute a buckle from the waist belt of my old Gregory "bombproof" back pack to allow me to use it until the replacement arrived.

GR8ADV

Explorer
The mounting system is poor IMO. I dreaded taking it on and off. I have always thought that a sleeve or pocket mounting system that slipped over the top half of the spare then tightened from the bottom would be easy and ideal.
This is a trash container. Not sure if any have failed when used for the designed purpose.

brushogger

Explorer
I'm on my second one. The first lasted 5 years while on the truck outdoors 24/7. The uv finally started degrading the zipper. I used it for trash, hauling firewood, and some recovery gear. Not one failure of any kind during that time. I feel I definitely got my money's worth from it. Enough so that I got another one. The buckles held up even when it was stuffed with firewood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne