JJ's Adventure Mobile Build

rubicon91

Explorer
Thanks guys! In regards to the rack, FrontRunner was a close second. I ended up with the RhinoRack because I wanted to simplify the process to pop the hardtop off.
If I get rid of my gobi and do another rack it will be the rhino rack system. But I think if I get rid of mine I'll end up going with a j30 ursa minor top. Regardless Jeep looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
If I get rid of my gobi and do another rack it will be the rhino rack system. But I think if I get rid of mine I'll end up going with a j30 ursa minor top. Regardless Jeep looks great!

Thanks! The J30s look incredible, the worst thing is when my friends remind me that I could have that setup by now if I hadn't blown out my front end :coffee drink:

Anyone have a good recommendation for a slide for a Yeti cooler? I'm thinking that (post-wedding), I'd like to build a wooden floor and have a slide for the cooler. Eventually add drawers/storage on the other side, but start with a slide. I've heard that server rack slides work well?

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Finalizing my prep for Vermont Overland Rally this weekend! Can't wait to get up there. Not much has changed with the Jeep in the last month or two (besides putting the awning back on), but my dad picked up an awesome Xventure XV-3, so we'll be pulling that up to Vermont with us. I'll be snagging some pictures of that setup soon, it's incredible.

Jeep is 90% ready for our departure on Thursday:

7pC9ZiS.jpg

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
We had an awesome time at VOR this year, best weather you can ask for and great people to hang with. Got to test out the new Xventure XV-3 trailer, and it was absolutely awesome.

f9x6kW4.jpg

UpcDtu1.jpg

Per usual, the trails were incredible. Some awesome views along the way and plenty of chances to get a bit flexy!

u6FdCwU.jpg

LrpSjKa.jpg

Unfortunately, days before VOR I had to do a last second install on a winch in my new number, and the winch was dead-on-install. The quadratec winch was great for what it was, but now saving up for a Warn (and going synthetic). It's been about 3 weeks since VOR and I'm still unpacking, so I think I'll be focusing on some garage storage solutions in the short term while I save for the winch.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Man if Vermont was only closer to Texas! Sucks to hear about the quadratec winch, have you called them up about it? Maybe they can get it fixed? Although a Warn winch with synthetic would be sweet.

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Man if Vermont was only closer to Texas! Sucks to hear about the quadratec winch, have you called them up about it? Maybe they can get it fixed? Although a Warn winch with synthetic would be sweet.

Yeah man, Vermont is simply awesome! I can't wait to get back in the spring.

I haven't called yet, but I was looking forward to an upgrade anyway. I'll see if they can fix it up and maybe put it on a trailer to haul logs onto, or see if I can give it to a friend in need. If the qtec was synthetic, I'd consider fixing and keeping it, but I really want to make the move to synthetic anyway.

rubicon91

Explorer
Oh man one day i will make it up into the NE. The new vids from mountain state are not helping at all either lol. Looked like an awesome trip.

Oskipoo

Not Mechanically Inclined
awesome build, you can check out the smittybuilt synthetic winch, I've heard great things about it

HAFICON

Adventurer
Very nice, I have lived here in New England 5 years now. Some of the best wheeling I have seen. Might have to look into the VT overland rally.

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Oh man one day i will make it up into the NE. The new vids from mountain state are not helping at all either lol. Looked like an awesome trip.

VT is absolutely incredible man, you should plan a trip up once you get that UrsaMinor! MSO has done a great job capturing it so far this season, I'm loving it.

awesome build, you can check out the smittybuilt synthetic winch, I've heard great things about it

Thanks! I think this time I'll just go big and hit up Warn for a winch. I've heard some good things too but also unfortunately some not so good.

Very nice, I have lived here in New England 5 years now. Some of the best wheeling I have seen. Might have to look into the VT overland rally.

Lucky you man, I'd love to be close enough to wheel up there some more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles