M116a2 off road sleeper

1Louder

Explorer
Cool idea. I have a M116A3 which I put a box on. Yours is a very different design but another cool idea based off of a rugged platform. Good luck with the finished product.

banjotx

Observer
Hey! it does remind me of a Unimog.:sombrero:
and actually I saw an old sears ad of a David Bradley trailer someone had posted here and is kinda what I had envisioned with a few upgrades.
Anyhow I made some progress today.

Attachments

• IMG_0241_zpstvaeylvb.jpg
    IMG_0241_zpstvaeylvb.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 111

banjotx

Observer
The sleeper survived the 10" plus rains this past week end with no leaks thru the skin or windows, so happy about that. Needed a few odds and ends to custom make side door and have that in progress at the present time. Made door frame with steel 1"X 1"X 1/16" square tube and cover sides with 3/8" exterior plywood and have same aluminum exterior skin. Thanks for the encouragement.

Attachments

• IMG_0264_zpsuxq3xhri.jpg
    IMG_0264_zpsuxq3xhri.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0260_zpsfjutlo0t.jpg
    IMG_0260_zpsfjutlo0t.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 102

banjotx

Observer
Going slow on this thing, with all the family activities,rain and getting dark so soon in the evenings, but ready to start messing with the tail gate end and think I know what I want to end up with. Started something I kinda wish I hadn't and first tried to match the side door skin shine to match rest of aluminum skin and got real shiny, then match the rest of skin to match the door.:Wow1::bike_rider::sombrero:

Finally happy with side door after much adjusting , but it's solid locking and fits nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 119

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles