Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ARB cords and fridge mods

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepermc View Post
    You're correct on all of the above. We had some customer assistance who had some refrigeration experience that refused to believe his fridge couldn't be fixed. We sent him a dead fridge carcass and some parts and he located the thermistor and fixed his and told us how he had done it. We figured we could pretty easily return the favor to our customers instead of them having to buy a new fridge. While we can't take credit for doing the actual work coming up with the fix, we're happy we can assist customers with the older fridges. Aside from the connectors, everything we use in the "fix it" kit is re-purposed from something else and the thermistor is the replacement part for the "serviceable" ones.
    And this my friends is customer service. Also why I have an ARB fridge, and just recently ordered ARB lockers as well.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    569
    I think there is another big unspoken point here. It is nice to see something designed to fail "safe". I.E. all of the reports I've seen state that the system begins freezing everything instead of regulating temperature. I'd rather be stuck in the desert with frozen food than stuck out there with spoiled warm food.

    Not many things in life seem to be designed to fail into a functioning state. Even if this is by luck, not design, it is a good thing.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,175
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepermc View Post
    You're correct on all of the above. We had some customer assistance who had some refrigeration experience that refused to believe his fridge couldn't be fixed. We sent him a dead fridge carcass and some parts and he located the thermistor and fixed his and told us how he had done it. We figured we could pretty easily return the favor to our customers instead of them having to buy a new fridge. While we can't take credit for doing the actual work coming up with the fix, we're happy we can assist customers with the older fridges. Aside from the connectors, everything we use in the "fix it" kit is re-purposed from something else and the thermistor is the replacement part for the "serviceable" ones.
    First Post. Welcome to ExPo and thanks adding! ARB's great customer suport is well documented. Providing info and parts for this non typical repair on an old fridge elevates you to exceptional! The fridge has been exceptional as well. It gets used hard in the extream desert heat in Arizona. It gets yanked in and out of vehicles and operated on a wide range of voltages. Thousands of miles off road, opened and closed thousands of times and whipped in and out on a slider all day long is typical. It's been a great piece of expedition quality gear and is why my self and others look here when we need real gear. http://www.arbusa.com
    Arizona

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    222
    ARB fridges and other products rock and so does their customer service. That's a company I will gladly do business with and spend my hard-earned money buying their products that I need to feed my addiction!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpalump View Post
    First Post. Welcome to ExPo and thanks adding! ARB's great customer suport is well documented. Providing info and parts for this non typical repair on an old fridge elevates you to exceptional! The fridge has been exceptional as well. It gets used hard in the extream desert heat in Arizona. It gets yanked in and out of vehicles and operated on a wide range of voltages. Thousands of miles off road, opened and closed thousands of times and whipped in and out on a slider all day long is typical. It's been a great piece of expedition quality gear and is why my self and others look here when we need real gear. http://www.arbusa.com
    Thanks. I like some of the mods you've made to yours to keep the fruit tray cooler and the fan shroud mod. That should affect things in a positive way. I may try them on my own fridge at some point. Making it more efficient should in turn make power consumption slightly lower from reduced run time to maintain temp. Simple things.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson2598 View Post
    And this my friends is customer service. Also why I have an ARB fridge, and just recently ordered ARB lockers as well.
    So I wanted to pile on to this. I recently ordered the JK Traction Pack for my Jeep. Everything was in the box except for the keychain. I wrote them and asked if they wouldn't mind mailing me one. I received a reply and they said no problem they'd send it. Today I got the box with my keychain and plenty more:





    Thanks ARB for going above and beyond on a small keychain.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    253
    I did the fridge improvements as described earlier in the thread last night when I couldn't sleep. Very noticeable improvement on the cooling fan, and the shelf temp is consistently better. I used a thin piece of tin and cut it to fit, held in place with hi-bond aluminum tape. Works wonders! This forum is a wealth of knowledge and it's great that people are so giving with the sharing of information. Many, many thanks.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    594
    My thanks to Stumpalump for his awesome knowledge sharing. I followed his example to improve the efficiency of an already great product.



    • Alum flat bar added
    • Sealed under flat bar.
    • Pipe insulation added




    Thanks a lot!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    161
    Here here. My thanks to you as well Stumpalump. Great work!

    I came across this thread a couple of days ago and just finished adding insulation and placing a metal plate across the base of the fan.







    I'm always looking for ways of improving the performance of my gear and these mods make an already great product even better.

    I'm looking forward to better thermal performance of the cooler and associated lower power consumption.

    Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    E. Sierras
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpalump View Post
    Attachment 308449

    For those electronically challenged refer to this photo to get the polarity correct. The wires have typical markings on them and they come out of the plug straight so keep the left and right straight. Do not guess!

    Attachment 308450

    you rule!!! thanks
    '87 4runner
    '10 4runner
    '10 Tundra/NorthStar650TC
    CRF450x Plated
    NEW TOY!! '08 4runnerV8Ltd.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •